[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Slam Poetry literally the same shit every day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
its like they cycle 2-3 of the same topics over and over

https://twitter.com/buttonpoetry/status/825047927450112006
>>
like how the fuck did poetry get from Paradise Lost and the Divine Comedy to this shit
>>
File: Garrrgoyle.png (484KB, 763x588px) Image search: [Google]
Garrrgoyle.png
484KB, 763x588px
>>9139117
You just described /lit/

>>9139145
It kind of got tiring after the eight thousandth time. Make something better. I dare ya.
>>
Why is it called "slam"?
>>
>>9139491
Face-to-desk motions of literate audiences
>>
>>9139117
The medium is purpose-built to tell stories about how strong the narrator is, and it's popular in ideologically homogeneous circles. This gives us many authors with similar ideologies telling stories with similar content. Same goes for other niche genres heavily associated with ideologies. Westerns and Space Operas both tend towards certain arcs, archetypes, and messages. It's just a function of who the authors are, and what sorts of plots the genre can support.
>>
in its current form slam is a vehicle for any minority group to express outrage at the ruling caste. slam "poets" always need to identify in one of these two ways--pro-minority, anti-establishment. outrage also only comes out when you're shouting. the slam scene has thus devolved into a bunch of middle-class non-whites shouting barely-coherent platitudes about oppression. it's so tiring and obviously bad art because it's limited to one theme and one diction. auden says you must ignore bad art. that's what i've resolved myself to. slam is a trend, it will die soon regardless
>>
Slam poetry is a bunch of entitled black millennials bitching about how "oppressed" they were growing up in the suburbs in the 90s. Lately, Muslims have tacked onto it and started bitching about how everyone else is oppressing them and how it has nothing to do with their shitty religion.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.