[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intelligence and cognisance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: TooIntelligentBallon.png (3MB, 2048x1714px) Image search: [Google]
TooIntelligentBallon.png
3MB, 2048x1714px
As I see there are three distinct things people often perceive as "intelligence".

A simply reasonably elaborated opinion that supports your prejudices;

Some kind of culture that is distant from the person's reality, what makes them think it's hard. Be it the dominating class erudition or ideologies relegated to the underground for a variety of reasons;

And what I think is actual intelligence. A elevated ability to solve problems of any kind. Note the "any kind" here. It's not the same as knowhow.(Of course you could say any ability to solve problems must be learned some how, well, there are people that agree and that disagree. I'm somehow in between both, feel free to debate.)

The purpose of the thread of this thread is for us to discuss in which, if any, category we, as individuals - not board, fit better. I think that the second perception will be the one to show up more here, since it's a literature board.
>>
File: TooIntelligentCuck.png (775KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TooIntelligentCuck.png
775KB, 1920x1080px
About OP:

I personally had a vast experience with all three. Very early in my life noticed I better fit the third one - sorry if it seems arrogant, to put objectively, I'm very intelligent. Since then I developed a disdain for the other two, I feel bad when I think someone complimented me for one of the first two. I do try very hard to appear intelligent but only by the means of a friendly, simple yet well structured explanation of a "hard" subject to someone with no background in the area.

I also usually think less of the people in the third type of intelligence that do not behave as me.

Some stuff that could lead to a interesting discussion:
Your personal learning techniques;
Your personal exposition techniques.

In my case of learning there are five main techniques I can remember right now:

"Linked lists": I collect up to ~5 closely related ideas and store them in my working memory(very short term) - or in other words, keep them in my mind at the same time - preserving they relations. Then I represent this block of ideas as a single idea and repeat the process by connecting it with ~5 more ideas.

"Photographic memory (I hate this term and this item doesn't contribute much to the thread)": No I don't think I'm capable of storing literally every detail of a picture in my brain but the effect is similar. I don't know exactly how but sometimes I'm able to store things for later reading.
I do this thing in which I "force" my mind and I'm able to remember entire pages. This was very useful for the subjects I didn't like in school(and there were quite a lot of them).

Association: This is simple, think about someone, somewhere or something and make an association with whatever you are studying.

Explanation: Imagine a dialog with someone in which you explain what you want to learn in a very succinct yet complete way.

Explicit cognitive steps: I consciously repeat what, I suspect, are the steps of cognition. Analysis, Synthesis, Generalization and Judgment.

I haven't thought that much about the exposition techniques. But it probably boils down to metaphors and analysis > generalization > synthesis.

To the grammar nazis: A considerable part of grammar rules are useless and are the remnant of a language no longer in use. I didn't read my post after writing it. Fuck you, cunt. Your life is pathetic and I hope you die, fucking cisscum.
>>
This board would be a lot better if all the awfully insecure retards stopped obsessing over intelligence and creating shitty pointless threads filled with autistic pasta. Have a nice report and fuck off back to /r9k/.
>>
>>9138912
It's not about intelligence. It's about learning techniques and how people perceive intelligence. It's very useful and very related to a literature board.

Being that mad about anyone that brings up intelligence and learning may make people think you are insecure.
>>
>>9138932
>Being that mad
This board is constantly shit up with pointless threads about intelligence and "will reading make me smart" and all that insecurity fueled garbage. Your post is of that same kind. It's high school tier revelations about people mislabeling coherence and sophistication as intelligence and some clumsily articulated basic learning techniques spiced up with 'tfw to smart'. Maybe you mean well, but none of this is interesting or discussion worthy in the slightest and looks just like another desperate validation seeking attempt. I'm not going to bother you anymore and I'm sorry for this, but the state of the board lately is triggering me more and more. Maybe I should look into getting a life.
>>
>>9138897
This post reeks of teenagerism and/or egotism.
>>
>>9138901
>"Linked lists": I collect up to ~5 closely related ideas and store them in my working memory(very short term) - or in other words, keep them in my mind at the same time - preserving they relations. Then I represent this block of ideas as a single idea and repeat the process by connecting it with ~5 more ideas.

All of this is made up. You're living in a fantasy world. You've invented how you think your brain works.

Working memory doesn't work like that. You don't consciously store things in your working memory.
>>
>>9139625
>Knows the totality of possibilities of the human mind
Holy...
>>
>>9140009
Wait, so are you actually claiming that you are controlling the contents of your working memory with conscious attention?

Kek, good luck driving a car, or having a detailed conversation with someone without looking like a slow, dribbling, blithering retar-

Oh, wait...
>>
>>9138897
>A elevated ability
>not AN elevated
you're already too stupid for this thread
>>
>>9140278
>Kek, good luck driving a car, or having a detailed conversation with someone without looking like a slow, dribbling, blithering retar-

kek, so are you actually implying if a person does something at least once, they must at all times be doing it?
>Oh, wait...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.