[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this relevant and funny nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: babbitt.gif (122KB, 299x447px) Image search: [Google]
babbitt.gif
122KB, 299x447px
Is this relevant and funny nowadays?
>>
No and no.
>>
>>9138823

Yes and yes.
>>
>>9138827
>>9138835
Maybe and maybe

something more?
>>
Hey obviously wanted some tight redhead puss
>>
File: CEgR9ONW8AALXz0.jpg (63KB, 571x379px) Image search: [Google]
CEgR9ONW8AALXz0.jpg
63KB, 571x379px
>>9138823
It's a good read. It's relevant in the sense that today's Babbitts pride themselves in not being Babbitts. Pic related.
>>
>>9138823
Not funny.
>>
>>9138997
How did the scientist that made that meme prove they were pretending?
>>
>>9139119
dude's buying into a prepackaged capitalist representation of 'authenticity' , so he is pretending even if he isn't aware of it
>>
>>9138997
So Babbitt is about a hipster (in the 2000s sense)?

It Can't Happen Here was mildly corny middlebrow, but pretty relevant. Unfortunately.
Not funny though.
>>
>>9139150
Locally sourced ingredients are key for a good kitchen and have nothing to do with identity, you insufferable pseud.
>>
>>9139150
locally sourced things exist, you ever been to a farmers market?

Does anyone who does buy locally sourced things, are they automatically inauthentic, automatically pretending?

Or only if they think: I want to buy locally sourced things?

Or only if they think: I want to buy locally sourced things, because I think thats good/better?

Or only if they think: I want to buy locally sourced things because I think there is such thing as """"cool"""" and I want to do/be that?

So now, how do you differentiate between the 'youths' who authentically want to buy local things (not for image, or coolness, but perceived better... is that still wrong? what shapes their perception of this better? if not coolness? helping the local community or something? )
>>
>>9139176
>So now, how do you differentiate between the 'youths' who authentically want to buy local things and those who are pretending to care about their community for cool points
>>
File: 4.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>9138823
Wait a sec...'Babette' was the name of the protag's wife in White Noise.
What's going on here?
>>
>>9139166
They're good things, but some people think this is enough. Capitalists wander around with their heads in a cloud oblivious to trauma their way of life is causing the rest of the world. People and environment.
It seems a start, like they may be coming around to the idea that this is just a comfier part of the prison and they are favored captives and something more needs done. But edgy commies give them no quarter
>>
>>9139207
>But edgy commies give them no quarter
because they dont have one to give...
>>
>>9138823
Relevant, but not terribly funny. I had a handful of chuckles, but a lot of the humor is something along the lines of
>lol this guy wants to fit in
It's a good critique, though.
>>
File: el-salvador-25-cents-1994.jpg (10KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
el-salvador-25-cents-1994.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>>9139351
Not what the idiom means
>Flips quarter at you
Keep 'em. They're worthless.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.