[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: books you will never fucking get to read this and War and Peace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 24113.jpg (45KB, 318x457px) Image search: [Google]
24113.jpg
45KB, 318x457px
ITT: books you will never fucking get to read
this and War and Peace
>>
Why? Are you deaf and blind double hand amputee?
>>
I've read like 6 books and one of them was W&P; you can do it.
>>
I hold a deep love for GEB. Please give it a chance!!!
>>
>>9138329
I feel sick.
>>
File: whoahohahahhohhhhoooaahh.png (205KB, 3340x3176px) Image search: [Google]
whoahohahahhohhhhoooaahh.png
205KB, 3340x3176px
>tfw too intelligent to understand Godel Escher Bach
>>
>>9138274
Read em both already sempai
>>
I am a strange loop is much better
>>
every chapter of this book is extremely rewarding, that should be enough for you to go out and get it.
>>
>>9138444
Not OP but that book has been sitting on my shelf for months, maybe it's time to give it a chance
>>
>>9139104
You won't regret it anon, it's fucking awesome. Pleasantly accessible but also very compelling.
>>
>>9138274
will i hate this if i'm the kind of person who abhors any application of the incompleteness theorems beyond mathematical logic?
>>
>>9139173
Yes. (and your attitude is shit).
>>
>>9139216
thanks (pseud)
>>
File: unnamed (1).gif (539KB, 238x155px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).gif
539KB, 238x155px
>>9139219
>>
File: 662.jpg (176KB, 299x475px) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
176KB, 299x475px
I missed the critical period for reading Rand when I was a 13 year old who thought he knew better than the world.
>>
>>9138274
Nearly done with GEB, pretty good so far.
>>
>>9139144
I will give it priority, thanks for the encouragement anon
>>
Game of thrones. Does this count?
And the Human Comedy.

I like the idea of a 10+ book story as much as I like the idea of going to prison.
>>
>>9139383
No worries, anon. If you feel up to it, start a thread with whatever food for thought you have at the end of chapters. From memory, there are good leaping off points for discussion in there.
>>
>>9138274

hi, op! i think GEB might be a bit difficult for some people (it was for me as a very thorough biographical effort on not 1 but 3 people, so i couldnt go through it in one fell swoop as i could with hofstadter's metamagical themas, he describes it as: "If GEB is an elaborate fugue on one very complex theme, and MI is a collection of-many variations on a theme, then perhaps MT is a fantasia employing several themes. If it were not for the postscripts, I would say that it was disjointed.")

for me, the cadence and subject matter of MT was more conducive to my reading/thinking style but still was able to, in my opinion, touch upon of many of hoftstadter's ideas/themes that he dealt with GEB and might be a way to segue into his seminal work!

here's a link for MT if you guys are interested: https://mega.nz/#!hdEkHTyZ!n6Ugc-L6iBJvJErFsYWrxnaa5F2ftzuCw49alvlQu_k
>>
>>9139468
shut up stop trying
>>
File: IMG_20170221_215902.jpg (66KB, 960x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_215902.jpg
66KB, 960x434px
>>9139476

:)
>>
>>9139391
>he doesn't like the idea of going to prison
>>
There are a lot of books that I want to read, but there are just random ones that I really really just don't. Siddhartha is one that I just don't really have interest in, along with Steinbeck in general
>>
>>9139988
Siddhartha is like 100 pages
>>
>>9140166
The most I've ever been able to read is 99 :(
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.