[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>suppress all information and media that disagrees with our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Republic.jpg (16KB, 260x390px) Image search: [Google]
Republic.jpg
16KB, 260x390px
>suppress all information and media that disagrees with our morals
>lie to people by telling them their childhood was a dream
>only alphas get to breed
>every child should be a child soldier
>people who do well in war should get lots of kisses from everyone, especially people they really like
THIS is the foundation of philosophy?
>>
>>9137719
go away dummy
>>
thats cucklosophy for you

irrelevant drivel for retards

humanities need to DIE
>>
>every child
The tl;dr syndrome strikes agan
>>
Never bothered with the Greeks. Didn't Plato or Aristotle have problematic views on women?
Really makes you think that starting with the Greeks could be really toxic to young men
>>
The book is deliberately provocative. If you disagree with Plato's conclusions ask why, and then defend your reasons. That's what he wanted from his readers.
>>
>>9137806
>Didn't Plato or Aristotle have problematic views on women

all smart men hate women
>>
File: File22_Use_In_Case_Of_X4w2.png (46KB, 242x220px) Image search: [Google]
File22_Use_In_Case_Of_X4w2.png
46KB, 242x220px
>>9137829
Uh, sexist biotruth claim much?
>>
It IS wise to understand women to be an appellate of man, due to them being created from a rib of Adam's.

But as far as this book in particular goes, The Republic was, and still is, extremely progressive for women. It argues for the coeval teaching of the genders and even gymnastics for the women just as much as the men.

He had a rather egalitarian stance, this Plato.
>>
>>9137806
No, Plato says women talented in war or philosophy should fight and rule, respectively.
>>
Philosophy is an exclusively alpha male endeavor.
>>
>>9137827
You're right, let me kiss you bro
>>
>>9137829
>>9137847
both of you are lesser men, because you aren't great enough to consider yourself better without lazy identity politics.
>>
>>9137719
>"I'll take 'books that are satirical' for $300, please, Alex"
>>
>>9138052
your mother gave a rimjob in college
>>
>>9138066
>"I'll take books anon didn't read for $300, please, Alex"
>>
>>9138069
>a rimjob
2 or 3 to be liberal
>>
>>9137719
don't be a cuck
>>
>>9138290
I would say that letting the government say what you can experience and giving wives and daughters to bulls is more cucked, but I know nothing.
>>
>>9137806
Plato said qualified women should be involved in the public sphere but said they are inferior to men
Aristotle said their place is in subservience to men
>>
>>9137827
>Readers
>>
Childhood is idolizing Plato. Adulthood is realizing Aristotle makes more sense
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.