[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophical education is garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: bpalvin525.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bpalvin525.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
Refute this for me:
At some point in history there was the First philosopher (many would consider Socrates, but who the fuck really knows). This guy couldn't have been educated in the field of philosophy because he was the first, though he was likely well-versed in arts, crafts, politics, rhetoric etc. So he did what he could and formulated some principals. Then he took a student (Plato??), who was the Second philosopher. This guy learned what he could from the First, but, surely, it was not a philosophical sort of education, because the First himself was ignorant in philosophy. Then came the Third, Fourth, Hundredth, and so on. Yet, they all studied from an ever-increasing body of works, but those works came from the men who previously studied from philosophically ignorant men, so their philosophical knowledge was doomed to be rooted in methodical ignorance. Because, unlike, for example, science, objective (as far as the field of science is concerned), detached from an individual knowledge is not present in philosophy, and cannot be compounded upon each other, a man who reads any one work of philosophy is equal in foundational understanding of philosophy to the man who read them all, and both are equal to the Second philosopher (if we assume unbroken chain of passed knowledge, which is flimsy but irrelevant).

tl;dr Philosophy is a flawled methodology, it teaches nothing but brain clutter, and should be regarded on a purely personal level, like poetry. We should stop wasting time on meme philosophers and concentrate on arts, literature, science, and all-around polymathy
>>
you're stupid
>>
>>9136878
>>9136879
Poweful arguments, are you perchance philosophers?
>>
>>9136875
Read sellars' "philosophy and the scientific image of man" because he answers your question. I doubt you can read a twenty page philosophy paper but I'll link it anyway.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://selfpace.uconn.edu/class/percep/SellarsPhilSciImage.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwio_PfH0KHSAhWHZiYKHY4DAdcQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNFOUVAku8GKwb89nVpEU6A7AYLTeA&sig2=bXQikRsCw-yg10BHiEWbVg
>>
did the man who created college, go to college?
>>
it starts with being terribly wrong about socrates
>>
I wish I was born beautiful so I wouldn't have to give a shit about this philosophy shit
>>
>>9136892
Kkkkkkkkk
>>
>>9136913
Powerful argument, are you perchance college educated?
>>
>>9136875
hilariously wrong, you have no idea what you are talking about

>purely personal level
>like poetry
what?
>>
>>9136913
HEUHEUAHEAUHEUAH
>>
File: -016.jpg (49KB, 348x387px) Image search: [Google]
-016.jpg
49KB, 348x387px
>mfw the first thing to be alive came from something that was not alive
>>
File: whoah.jpg (19KB, 262x236px) Image search: [Google]
whoah.jpg
19KB, 262x236px
>>9136965
Something came out of nothing? That means that nothing can come out of... SOMETHING.
>>
Desu, YES, and may I note that cognitive science renders philosophy obsolete as well? The whole thing with cognitive biases makes me very doubtful that the methodology of philosophy works.
>>
>>9136975
Poweful arguments, are you perchance alive?
>>
File: oh my god.gif (3MB, 396x299px) Image search: [Google]
oh my god.gif
3MB, 396x299px
>>9137084
Wait a second... Stirner said I am creative nothing, but nothing is not alive, but nothing can create something which can be alive, so I am potentially alive.

Whoah.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.