[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fifty Words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 36IEbnS[1].gif (1013KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
36IEbnS[1].gif
1013KB, 320x200px
So I used to do a lot of writing but I'm now at university for postgrad work, and I'm rarely able to finish writing stories or novel-length pieces. I got in touch with an English teacher of mine from my childhood and she gave me a challenge to try and be succinct: given one or two prompts, write something in exactly fifty words, no more, no less, that is satisfying to read in and of itself. Preferably complete with start, middle and end, but if you were to read it, it would make sense and would work well.

They don't take very long to do and I think it would be nice to have some way of flexing conciseness, creativity and exploring what people would do with it here.

The prompts can be anything, I'll start off with a couple of prompts and what I wrote out for them. Any takers?

Prompts:

a knife and a door;

the first law of space travel, and a mug that isn't yours;

an open door and a politician.
>>
An open door and a politician

"No, thank you, I'm a bit busy." The Jehovah's Witnesses looked disappointed. "Sorry, I've got to, uh, feed theā€¦ cat." The charity worker hesitated as the door shut in his face. "Um, can you come back later?" The MP nodded tiredly. I paused. "No, actually, come in. I'll finish later."

The first law of space travel, and a mug that isn't yours

"Commander Ryman." The door hissed, letting the officer through. The habitat room was warm from appliances as she headed for the crockery cupboard. She nodded at Lieutenant Jackson, Commander Ryman and Lieutenant Barnes, opened the cupboard and reached for an absent mug, freezing in place as weapons were swiftly drawn.
A knife and a door

"We have the room surrounded!" the sergeant yelled through the door. "You've got nowhere to run!" An unnerving silence replied. The officer scowled and signalled to the breaching team. They raised the battering ram when the door burst open and she flew from the room, moving like a knife.
>>
The door jammed open
the knife jabbed home
>>
>>9136701
Three months of work and I expected a warm homecoming. Not being greeted by laughter from the bedroom and a meal half-prepared. A kitchen knife lay unattended, filleting a fish, mirroring the twisting feeling in my gut as squeals from the bouncing mattress fell through the open bedroom door.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.