[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop being a narcissist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: flag.jpg (4KB, 179x176px) Image search: [Google]
flag.jpg
4KB, 179x176px
Stop being a narcissist.
>>
Stop overusing the term 'narcissist.'

Most people are self-centered or put their own happiness first which is fine.
>>
Is he dead?
>>
>>9131791
some have speculated that he's writing here now:

http://hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/140529495929/how-to-be-attractive

personally i don't see it, but it's possible he's changed his style somewhat to reach people on tumblr
>>
>>9131769
English isn't my native language, but am I correct that narcissists are ex-boyfriends? I got the impression when browsing the web.
>>
>>9131803
I doubt it's him, just a copycat.
>>
I miss him lads
>>
>>9131942
His name is Chris Ballas. Maybe you can stalk him.
>>
>>9132570
DELETE THIS
>>
>>9132600
There's barely any info on him on the webs anyway.
>>
>>9131942
>>9132570
Maybe you can pull a misery and force him to start blogging again.
>>
>>9132704
this seems worthwhile. someone make the poster
>>
>>9131760
can someone give me a quick rundown on this last psychiatrist fellow? He seems to have a cult like following in some pockets of the internet.
>>
>>9132704
pull a misery?
>>
>>9131824
Go back to tumblr and get out of my safe space.
>>
>>9133093
Listen to his lecture:
https://mega.nz/#!p950BTAK!Ojz_2B9gP4bKETa-GczW-dTIo0wGYm6inPmogzPpmWE
>>
>>9133093
he talks about narcisissm a lot and also has some good posts about psychiatric practice

http://www.fogbanking.com/tlp/ is a good summery of the major themes of the blog
>>
>Stop being a narcissist.
Why?
>>
>>9133160
for everyone else's sake
>>
>>9133193
fuck em
>>
>>9133212
Surprisingly, that's not narcissistic behavior.
>>
alone's suggestion that narcissism is not to be overcome but to be utilised to better youtself for other's sake reminds me a lot of jordan peterson's idea that you should use anxiety about the future to motivate yourself to do better in the present

i doubt that idea is originally petersons or anything but they do seem to be on the same wavelength,i really want to know if peterson has read tlp and what he thinks about it
>>
>>9133369
Well considering TLP and JP both practice psychology it shouldn't be surprising they have similar ideas
>>
>>9133597
Zizek and Lacan's have similar views, the point of the individual is not to be 'cured', but to use the mechanism of the mind/ego for the good something beyond him and forget about himself.
>>
>>9133621
Neat. Where do I start with Lacan?
>>
>>9133645
Freud.
>>
>>9133093
He's this UPenn professor/psychiatrist who used to anonymously share a lot of hot opinions on the internet before he got outed
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.