[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theology in Game of Thrones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: grr.png (66KB, 239x223px) Image search: [Google]
grr.png
66KB, 239x223px
So, /lit/, I think it's time we had a talk.. A talk about the great G.R.R.

Anyone up for a discussion about that series that has reached heights as great as Tolkien? Yes? Good. Well, let me begin...

What do you think the Khaleesi shall do once she 'returns', per se - as if Christ - to Westeros. Do you think, for the sake of parlance, G.R.R. is trying to resurrect religious ideas in his works? I may be an avowed atheist, but for me, these questions cannot be left unresolved. Sometimes, occasionally my curiosity - that thirst to know a writer inside, as well as out - takes over my better, reasoned self. And though this better self is apt to listen to the birdsong of Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Neil deGrasse Tyson, et al when it comes to that death-cult which is religion, I cannot help but be moved, nay transcended, by those stories of the Red Melisandre, the Old Gods and New... Let us discuss the theology of Westeros, and Known World. Please, let me know of your opinions, your knowledge on this matter... It will please me...
>>
>when you roll up in a thread 'xpectin erybody to already be up on op's ass but ain't nobody took the bait yet.
>>
>>9130967
Bait? Please leave this thread before I send you back to the Gods, Old and New. Replies in gravitas only...
>>
>>9130957

>A talk about the great G.R.R.
>Great G.R.R
>Great

Back to Red dit, f a m.
>>
>>9130973
Silly amphibious-poster. You are but an elitist, too sad and cynical to enjoy simple things. Simple makes great.
>>
Its obvious Khaleesi is a representation of the resurrected god. The spiritual death of Khaleesi is obvious as well as the khaleesi's relation to the old ruling dynasty being similar to the resurrected god trope. Further more Khaleesi represents the oncoming triumph of new ways which is also a parallel to the coming transition from the reformed pagan religion to a monotheistic top down religion in the mold of the god of light.
>>
Furthermore Khaleesi will obviously lead the war against the wight walkers (aka the black order) though ultimately this will lead to mans enslavement as Khaleesi like any resurrected god is a servant of the deranged creator.
>>
>>9130979
I like simple things. I don't like terrible meme-books is all.

Going back to Red dit was an honest advice. All they do is discuss G.R.R and Tolkien. You will have better luck over there.
>>
>>9131013
I like the way you think, anon.

>. The spiritual death of Khaleesi is obvious as well as the khaleesi's relation to the old ruling dynasty being similar to the resurrected god trope

Why, yes, of course. That makes so much the sense now, to me. It is like, through a visitation from G.R.R. himself, you've shed light on this most dubious topic... As if, mayhaps, you've turned this 3D sphere round, showing its entire circumference. I'd like to hear more from you...

What say you, in regards to the Lannisters, that this "old ruling dynasty" is doomed to repeat itself, mayhaps in new dynasties...? In the Lannisters? And, if it is true that Jon Snow is, indeed, the brother of our Khaleesi, what becomes of this conundrum? Is this like the Ancient Greek mythos? Where a bloodline becomes eventually so fragmented, as Zeus with his Titans, that a religious upheaval takes place? No?
>>
>>9131022
>was an honest advice

Oh dear, it seems, to me at least, that you're but a pseud... a liar who can neither spell nor give advice. I'm practically chuckling to myself haughtily as I type this. Please, for the sake of yourself and this board, learn English! Ho-ho!
>>
The Lannisters don't represent the old paradigm, but the Targaryns do. The lannisters represent transition. Khaleesi represents the resurrection of the Targaryns as the servants of the deranged creator. Jon snow will inevitably join the wight walkers as he represents the other half of the dual deities. Jon snow will spread discord through the black order but will really be the true savior when he free's mankind from the deranged creator.
>>
File: Jon_Snow-Kit_Harington.jpg (61KB, 300x469px) Image search: [Google]
Jon_Snow-Kit_Harington.jpg
61KB, 300x469px
>>9131043
Is it then that Jon Snow (that dastardly bastard!) dethrones this "deranged deity"? Does Snow, in his Egoist genius, emancipate all of mankind from 'spooks', if you will. Do these spooks, per se, dispel and a new dawn emerge...?

How interesting. Ho! How quaint a thing! Never in my thirty years of life did I think that G.R.R. had it in him, such a philosophical depth!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.