[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

McElroy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: s-l225.jpg (9KB, 149x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
9KB, 149x225px
just finished this book. can't find any discussion about it in the archives what a shame

it is a thought-provoking & difficult read. curious how it stacks up to other of his works
>>
>>9130271
What did you think of the opening scene
>>
The two McElroy ones I want to read are Plus & W&M desu. Shame try aren't available, though I found a cheap copy of the latter in a charity shop (Brit here) and couldn't refuse it.

Is this a worthy introduction too do you think? I listened to a podcast from around the time of this books launch where Joe read some and discussed wider themes in his books. It sounded interesting but didn't make me jump to buy it.

It's easily bought, so if there's reccomendations I might as well pick it up before diving into the big one.
>>
>>9130296
I just picked up ancient history. it was good. the little mysteries at the start hook you. then you dive into the characters history. super personal. although the ending was some bullshit. but it was worth the read. didn't seem that hard or wild. some nice passages that make you stop and think.
>>
>>9130278
The opening scene of this book seems incredible. I read the first few pages. Is the entire book as good?
>>
>>9130278

the whole part in the theater was great. Just enough confusion to keep you intrigued without being overwhelmed.

Speaking of slaps . . . (only read if you finished)
Towards the end we see Ruley slap Della. Della was quite a mystery to me - first the relationship (was it?) with Ruley, and then her death was unresolved.

Also after Daley's stabbing (which was weird enough in it's own right - did I miss something here? Sook taking him home instead of the hospital? Isabel watching?), Della sees him and goes right to sleep . . .

Slaps and reluctant/forbidden love tied together

>>9130296
i think it's worth an introductory read . . . see if you like him first. Jumping straight into W&M would be EXTREMELY ambitious. This book was tough
>>
Probably gonna read Plus and then W&M next
>>
cump
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.