[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My country started a program giving everyone turning 18 that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: typography.jpg (57KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
typography.jpg
57KB, 500x318px
My country started a program giving everyone turning 18 that year 500€ to spend in culture/books.
I am not 18. I traded cash for these book coupons with 18 year olds i know.
So far I have almost exclusively read on my Kindle because of cheaper/free books.
I now need to decide what books to get.
I thought the best options were books that lose value when read on a e-reader. Things like House of Leaves or S. or anything with unusual typography or style, and the memecore Infinite Jest Gravity's rainbow etc, just to own them even if i've already read them.
Thoughts?
>>
>>9127822

What country? I'd like to live there.
>>
Scientific textbooks for your future academic career.
>>
>>9127834
Probably some stupid nigger country like spain

They are literally going to starve in the streets once the EU collapses.
Unemployment for people under 30 is over 50% there.
>>
>>9127834
Italy. New program started in 2016 to give kids money to spend in culture, such as music, movies and literature. Sadly i was born a few years too late so i didnt get the money. frustrating seeing so many kids have all this potential money and they dont see the point in buying books
>>
>>9127840
Yeah i've been thinking about it. I need to spend this money within the year, and will probably start university this coming fall. So the smart thing would be to wait for that. But for the first time i could buy physical books that i own, that i don't have to return to the library. So even if its dumb i'd like to get a few at least, but can't make up my mind on which
>>
>>9127822
Get all the animorphs books
>>
>>9127917
All of them or is there a ranking, do you have a chart?
>>
>>9127822
How much is that in real money? $10?
>>
>>9128246
the euro is worth more than USD
>>
>>9128246
I'm not sure if that's jealousy speaking or just the kinda comments posts that are not the usual generals attract. In any case euro and dollars have pretty much the same value now, even though in the past the exchange valued the euro at around 1,3 times the dollar
>>
>>9127848

Do you really love Spain
I'll love to see you here during the holidays nigg
>>
>>9127849
You mean you were born too early, or are you underageb&?
>>
>>9128519
Born too early as in i'm older than 18 so don't qualify for the money
>>
>>9127822
Wtf is this bribing shit? Dear God, nobody understand economics these days.
>>
>>9127822
ok. ok. wow. just... ok. i can tell you're probably italian so i'll give you some free advice right now: go fuck yourself
>>
Did i post on /pol/ by accident? I asked for book advice for books with weird typography or style. And everyone is so mad for no reason >>9128721

>>9128699 I suspect you're italian too because the whole political discussion has been about politicains bribing kids for votes. I dont give a shit about the politics of it, or the economics. If idiot kids read more great, if they just want to buy weed then i'll give them the cash in exchange for cheap books.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.