[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I start the Book of the New Sun or War and Peace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Should I start the Book of the New Sun or War and Peace?
>>
>>9125910
so this is the new carliclaire thread?
>>
>>9125910
Honestly, I found both to be equally boring
>>
File: 2017-02-19.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-19.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>9125932
yes, it involves answering the question
>>9125935
why so, bro
>>
>>9125943
I'm honestly just here for Clair because that other thread will get deleted. so we can use this one to talk.ablut her. thanks KS
>>
>>9125966
np
>>
>>9125943
Shadow of the Torturer is basically a sterile, hybrid bastard child of the Carolina Law Code and "The City and the Stars," while WaP is disinterest committed to paper. It may be better in the original Russian, but in the translation I read, Tolstoy's moralizing Christian garbage shows through even more strongly than Dosto's
>>
>>9125974
what if I'm not a intellectual/pseud and don't care and want something to just read pretty much to just to see what the big deal is
which book lives up to the hype more
>>
>>9125985
I'm to drunk to give an accurate account of "hype." Go to fucking goodreads or whatever
>>
>>9126013
oh boy, we got a real heavy hitter here, sorry to waste your time Mr. Hemingway
>>
>>9125910
Book of the New Sun is my favorite book of all time. It is truly phenomenal, I haven't read War and Peace but I strongly recommend BOTNS.
>>
>>9126024
Eh fucker, I'm not a statistics generator. Hype is positive public opinion, which you would get a better idea of by going on goodreads or some shit, not asking 4chan, which only has a negative public opinion
>>
>>9126034
>Eh fucker
don't be loco on me vato, I'm crazy ese
>>
>>9125943
how old is this prude food?
>>
>>9126031
I definitely will check the series out, looking for something to invest some time into and these are my top two choices. Book of the New Sun comes highly recommend by a lot of people, so it might be my first choice.
>>
I finished Shadow and Claw a few days ago. It's basically 500 pages with very little payoff. There are some interesting set pieces but the characters are thin and the plot is predictable. I'm convinced that the best excuse for gene wolfe is as motivation for tackling the greeks
>>
>>9125943
when do you think she will discover her sexuality? i feel like she's a sexual fiend waiting to be unleashed.
>>
Tolstoy is a passive read, wolfe an active one. These fools who saw no pay off in Wolfe havent gone back and thought about his visions in chapter 2, the description of finding triskele, the position of Dorcas Tabitha in the bible, etc. More would spoil. Tolstoy if you are a pleb, wolfe if you have balls. If you don't like it, we can always check with the excruciation known as twin apricots.
>>
>>9126063
Tell me how that predictable plot ends bro.
>>
>>9125910
Depends. Are you planning on finishing it? If so read War and Peace. It's the better book and will do your character some good.
If you don't feel commited to reading the book whole from the start then go fuck off.

>>9125935
>>9125974
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>9126063
>half way through the book
>durr why is there no payoff?

t. retard
>>
>>9126744
yes I'm going to finish it, I just want something long and both of these have my interest
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.