[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /lit/? Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: trumpderrida.png (52KB, 570x301px) Image search: [Google]
trumpderrida.png
52KB, 570x301px
Well, /lit/? Is he right?
>>
>>9125125
holy fuck epic thread

praise lord Kek!!!
>>
File: Trump-0216-mess.jpg (82KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-0216-mess.jpg
82KB, 1000x563px
trumpmodernism is the way forward

>It's fake philosophy, folks. It's all fake. CNN, Fox, the College de France...all fake philosophy. Very sad. People ask me, they say, Mr. President - well, now, of course, they call me Mr. President, they have to, but they didn't always - they say to me, Mr. President, how is it that a signifier could be removed from a signified? And I say, honestly, I don't know. Ask Hillary Clinton. Poststructuralism is a disaster, folks. A total disaster.

>To the millions of people - hardworking Americans - I want you to know that we are going to begin a new era of representation. It's going to be a whole new era. Marx, Freud, Derrida - my God, Derrida - these are low-energy thinkers. Very low energy.

>I want you to say it with me: neo-Aristotelian pragmatism. I'm going to make this very clear. I'm always very clear, of course. But this in particular. No signs, no capital, no unconscious. We're getting rid of all of it.

>We're going to be doing some great things with philosophy in the very near future. Big things, let me tell you. Where did it go? Where did philosophy go? I'll tell you where it went. It went to China, and it went to France, and it went to Germany...it went all over the place. And it's time we started bringing it back to the United States of America. We need to protect and secure our intellectual borders against radical European deconstructionist terrorism. And we're going to do that, folks. We're going to do that.
>>
who?
>>
>>9125163
>No signs, no capital, no unconscious. We're getting rid of all of it.
>It went to China, and it went to France, and it went to Germany...it went all over the place.

I'm fucking crying
>>
File: trumpwallace.png (45KB, 571x276px) Image search: [Google]
trumpwallace.png
45KB, 571x276px
Huh, wouldn't have pegged him for a DFW guy...
>>
>>9125163
kek
>>
File: trumplacan.png (46KB, 568x246px) Image search: [Google]
trumplacan.png
46KB, 568x246px
Um. Wow. Yes you read that right.
>>
>>9125196
This is actually true though
>>
>>9125163
p good lol
>>
>>9125125
It would ease me a lot if Trump actually tweeted stuff like that, instead he's just kind of postmodernist himself with all his "alternative facts" and "narratives". The only difference to real postmodern thinkers is that he possibly thinks "Derrida" is a Swiss watch manufacturer.
Btw. this is /pol, not /lit
>>
>>9125238
>He thinks that news reported by the MSM constitutes "facts"

wew
>>
>My good friend Cormac—you all know Cormac; there he is, right there in the audience—asked me yesterday, he asked me "Mr. President, when are we going to fix literature and make it great again? Literature is a mess, a total mess. Totally off the rails nonsense. When are we going to take it back to its former glory?" He's right folks. Literature is in bad shape. We have hacks like John Green—total mess—taking our books from us and ruining the whole art. Some, I assume, are good authors. But how are we going to fix this?

>Let me tell you, folks. It's about one simple thing. That's right. It's prose. It's all about the prose. I know prose, believe me folks. People never stop telling me "Mr. President, you have the best prose." I have prose like you wouldn't believe. So once we take the sappy symbolism and character development out of the books, we fill them up with prose faster than you'd believe. Let me tell you, back in the day we'd use at least a dozen portmanteaus and double entendres per page. Per PAGE. Can you believe that? Once we've put prose back in the books you'll be coming to me saying "Mr President please, the books are just too dense, I need something easier" you'll be so sick of the prose I have. It's just going to be that way, folks.
>>
>>9125163
This is brilliant. Kudos, Anon.
>>
>>9125125
> Look, having morals—my uncle was a great psychologist and philologist and free spirit, Dr. Friedrich Nietzsche at Leipzig University; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Leipzig University, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a free spirited Ubermensch, if I were a sklavenmoral untermensch, if, like, OK, if I ran as a pacifist Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re an Ubermensch they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Leipzig, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at deal about morals, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (morality is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four major religions—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Zoroastrian Persians are great negotiators, the Zoroastrian Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.