[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading is so boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1487443108617.png (40KB, 380x234px) Image search: [Google]
1487443108617.png
40KB, 380x234px
It is difficult for me to fathom why so many people spend so much time and money on reading books. Are there not more efficient and convenient means of entertainment and education than consuming large books?
>>
>>9125030
Try reading progressively longer short stories, or if you find reading completely boring, then don't read. Why are you asking /lit/ on how not to read?
>>
Good one, go tell /a/ that their plot lines are too dense.
>>
>>9125030
>Are there not more efficient and convenient means of entertainment and education
It's extremely convenient and easy. Also, this isn't the right fucking question.
It's actually amazing to me you would post something so stupid.
nice cat though
>>
>>9125030
>there not more efficient and convenient means of entertainment and education than consuming large books?
Books tend to cost around five dollars and provide around eight hours of entertainment.

Vidya gaems tend to cost around fifty dollars for the same amount of time.

Movies cost around fifteen dollars for two hours.

So, books are the most efficient in terms of financial cost.

In terms of convenience, you can fit hundreds of books in a e-reader, and you don't really need advanced hardware. With movies, you need to worry about audiovisual quality. And don't even get me started on vidya.

A lot of people are turned off from books because of banal high/middle school English crap. I know I wouldn't bother reading if all literature had to offer was 'The Catcher in the Rye' with an obligatory study guide and essay prompt. But, luckily for us, it has something for everyone.
>>
>>9125030
>more efficient and convenient means of entertainment and education than consuming large books
have you tried not eating them you fat fuck? you have to read them to learn
>>
>>9125037
Fumble!
>>
So..just don't read? Nobody forces you senpai
>money
What
>>
>>9125030
>Are there not more efficient and convenient means of entertainment and education than consuming large books
Truly, no. Audio/visual media are vastly more inefficient. With books it's all there plain on the page, you don't have to wait for it to come to you.
>>
>>9125030

Try this

https://www.amazon.com/Toysmith-619-Wooden-Catch-Ball/dp/B000F4MZZO/ref=pd_sim_21_5/155-9185265-3821433?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000F4MZZO&pd_rd_r=3FWZKE3TKJ0562Z7PHX8&pd_rd_w=Cl6Rn&pd_rd_wg=1x5Ao&psc=1&refRID=3FWZKE3TKJ0562Z7PHX8
>>
>>9125030
If you don't find books entertaining and edifying, don't read them.

This is the definition of myopia, though
>>
>>9125030
>Are there not more efficient and convenient means of entertainment and education

Entertainment: Yes
Education: No

Think about it, what other medium allows for a dense mass of complex information to be transmitted as efficiently as books?

You can go as fast or as slow as you need, changing the speed instantaneously even from sentence to sentence according to how difficult it is for you to parse. If you realize you have missed something you can go back to the point simply by moving your eyes, and the same if, in light of a new sentence, you realize that you have maybe misinterpreted one of the past sentences.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.