[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of horrifying literature? Kafka wanted all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: adolfwolfli.jpg (689KB, 1136x1600px) Image search: [Google]
adolfwolfli.jpg
689KB, 1136x1600px
What is the point of horrifying literature? Kafka wanted all of his work burned at the end of his life. It's possible he realized that his work could be detrimental to people. If you think there is a point to horrifying literature, what do you think it is?
>>
Read it, that´s the point also earn some money. how can be detrimental to people read that kind of books?, be honest, who in the world get scared because horrifyng literature.
>>
>>9124962
the world is horrifying. that's the point. Any good art has to reflect that fact.
>>
>>9124962
There's nothing more detrimental to people than feel good mass produced movies and TV. Anything that keeps you from realizing the bleak, disturbing truth of this world is detrimental to you. Art should help you understand your environment.
>>
Horrifying literature is meant to give people nightmares. If you get nightmares after reading horrifying literature that means that the next day bad things will happen to you relating to the nightmare
>>
>>9125039
There 6348535 Jurassic
>>
Sometimes I wonder this too. I know a schizophrenic guy who is in control of his own illness and very lucid, but he can tap into it to come up with some really horrifying perspectives on shit. I think he'd probably be publishable and a major success if he decided to run with it. But he refuses to do it, or even really to develop the ideas, because all he'd be doing is inducing schizophrenia in other people and/or scaring the fuck out of them with things that will bug them for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>9125804
>inducing schizophrenia in other people and/or scaring the fuck out of them with things that will bug them for the rest of their lives
Like what? Go on, put some schizophrenia into me.
>>
>>9125964
Second on this.
>Whatever I'm 4chan user, I can bear this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.