[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pedophile trash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 523453425.jpg (41KB, 350x528px) Image search: [Google]
523453425.jpg
41KB, 350x528px
Why is this so praised? The plot is a manchildren's wet dream and nothing more. Is the writing impressive to some?

I admit, I'm incredibly biased because I hate raunchy/deliberately edgy themes. And the first line is terrible
>>
>>9123491
>The plot is a manchildren's wet dream and nothing more.
you didn't understand the book
>>
>>9123491
>deliberately edgy

Have you actually read past the first line?

On another note, I think Lynch would make a much better film adaptation of this than Kubrick's. The writing style lends itself well to surrealism.
>>
>>9123519
What am I missing? Honest question, I hated it. I loved Pale Fire, too.
>>
>>9123521
but Lynch is the most talentless hack in film
>>
>>9123714
this desu

seriously though, what an overrated pleb
>>
>>9123699
reread the end
>>
>>9123714
>>9123726
Why do you say this? Kubrick e.g. rated Eraserhead as his favorite horror film at the time he was making the Shining
>>
>>9123699
The book shows how much perception affects interpretation. The book has the best unreliable narrator in all of fiction
>>
Really good prose, really good. But I have to admit, the subject matter got old pretty fast. It is to pedophilia as Moby Dick is to whaling.
>>
>>9123746
at the very least, his later work is complete pseudery
>>
File: original quality pepe.jpg (28KB, 447x481px) Image search: [Google]
original quality pepe.jpg
28KB, 447x481px
>>9123491
>dumb normalfag offended by love for loli
watch out normie, i'll be waiting for your cute daughter around the corner
>>
>>9123782
Oh, I see, Kubrick's stamp of approval somehow makes something "good art" for you. Let's talk about film at a later date, when you have your own opinions
>>
>>9123819
not really, just haven't seen any of his older stuff
>>
>>9123819
Barry Lyndon is his best film imo.
>>
>>9123825
Then describe what makes Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Inland Empire "pseudery."
>>
>>9123832
Mulholland Drive was 2deep4u bullshit
Blue Velvet was good

that's all I've seen, now go be triggered about your shitty director somewhere else
>>
>>9123832
Lynchfag here. Love those films. Also why is there better film discussion on /lit/ than on /tv/? (Not specifically referring to this thread, just something I noticed)
>>
>>9123848
The mods drove all the adults away from /tv/ when they cracked down on waifus.
>>
File: heart shaped glasses.jpg (508KB, 1293x1131px) Image search: [Google]
heart shaped glasses.jpg
508KB, 1293x1131px
>>9123491
Ah, red-state USA.
>>
>>9123832
I love later Lynch more than early Lynch desu. The problem is that people over analyze those films even though he was trying to create a feeling rather than a story.

Lost Highway = Guy leads a different life while sitting in the electric chair (An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge)
Mulholland Drive = Girl is consumed by guilt for killing her ex
Inland Empire = Troubled woman learns to forgive herself through transcendental meditation
>>
Yeah the writing(russian) was really good, otherwise didn't like it that much
>>
>>9123847
>Mulholland Drive was 2deep4u bullshit

That's what I assumed you meant by "pseudery." So you're just repeating your nonsense claim. If you don't like it, fine, I'm more asking if you understand it, which you don't seem to

>>9124020
>he was trying to create a feeling rather than a story
mein neger! As I see it, Lost Highway is about longing, Mulholland is about vindictiveness, Empire is about fear directed at yourself. But that's only as I see it, and the exciting thing about Lynch's films is that they necessarily mean different things to each individual, because we all grapple with emotions as ourselves. Each one is going to be re-interpreted in a unique way by each viewer. By the way, have you read DFW's essay on Lynch? It's pretty funny
>>
>>9124098
No but I will. You should read Lynch's book "Catching the Big Fish" if you haven't already.
>>
>>9123491
Really weak b8 but this is /lit/ so people will bite anyway. Lolita isn't even that good.
>>
File: NakedLunch1stedition.jpg (15KB, 220x324px) Image search: [Google]
NakedLunch1stedition.jpg
15KB, 220x324px
>>9123491

>Lolita
>edgy

Maybe compared to reading Women's Home Journal. This book came out in the same era as Burroughs' pedophiliac ramblings, and to be completely honest Burroughs is just the tip of the iceberg of postwar literary degeneracy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.