[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megan Boyle VS Mira Gonzalez which alt hipster poet has more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1464727868747.png (192KB, 481x347px) Image search: [Google]
1464727868747.png
192KB, 481x347px
Megan Boyle VS Mira Gonzalez

which alt hipster poet has more discernible talent?

also remember mira has a real book of poetry. we aren't talking about selected tweets. is RUPI Kaur the most talented of them all?
>>
>>9122217
kek bump for kek
>>
I haven't read anything by either of them and prefer to keep it that way.
>>
Is there anybody from the """"alt lit"""" """""movement""""" who deserves to be read? I've decided to grant Tao Lin and Elizabeth Ellen at least a single read. Good idea?
>>
>>9122217
I wouldn't really consider any of them "talented" in the traditional sense.
moreso just willing to write shit down and shill it; their artsy-hipster-millennial tumblrstagram aesthetic sells pretty well to artsy hipster millenials, but that isn't necessarily indicative of "talent", just a willingness to write the thing and sell it.

that being said, idk who Boyle is so I'm gonna say Mira because Kaur's """poetry""" is the least involved I've ever seen. It's literally my diary desu with intermittent scribbles.
Mira is at least quaint and thoughtful about her structure and wording
>>
>>9122716
Not really. Anything Tao tries to do has already been done a thousand times, and he fails at it anyway. He was a manufactured flash in the pan because he's well-connected, and he's already faded back out anuyway.

Go read a sample of his book, or hell, his Twitter feed and its comments. If you somehow have an epiphany and realize that you're fascinated by hip'n'edgy trust fund babbies in New York, I guess you might enjoy it. Otherwise, it's stylistically derivative, and it doesn't say anything beyond "ennui, I guess."
>>
>>9122217
I love DFW I want to sit in front of a fire and ready comfy wittengenstein with him writing at his desk
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.