[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the founder of existentialism is a christian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>the founder of existentialism is a christian
>>
never liked those school of life videos
>>
>3 out every 4 Enlightenment figures were sincere Christians
>>
File: IMG_0198.jpg (81KB, 633x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.jpg
81KB, 633x507px
He's not an existentialist according to the current definition of the word. In any case, I don't think he believed that "existence precedes essence".

He inspired it by focusing his philosophy on the single individual and his experience of being, of existing in the world. He provided concepts relevant to later existentialism (and philosophy in general really), in addition to influencing theology, psychology and litterature in significant ways.

Not only is he a very interesting thinker in his own right, he's arguably the most beautiful writer in the history of western philosophy.

Why are you not reading him right now you pleb?
>>
Everyone is, except a few STEMlords.
>>
Love the Kierkegaard threads in recent times.
Great guy!
>>
>>9121917
More like 4 out of 4
>>
He was not a christian. He was a meta-christian.
>>
>>9122128
You can label him [anything]-Christian and that's still Christian, contrarian.
>>
>>9121813
I can't think of too many Western philosophical movements not having a Christian founder after the 1st Century.
>>
>>9121824
That video was shit.

Theres a lengthy comment on it that thoroughly destroyed TSOL version of Kierkegaard. They tried to respond but it didn't go well, so they ended deleting the response after.
>>
>stirner
>christian
>>
>>9122229
Is it bad because it's not easy to understand Kierkegaard unless you're Christian? I doubt anyone involved in this video is.
>>
>>9122253
iirc it doesn't even mention christianity
>>
>>9121955
I'm a STEM student AND a Christian.

>>9122128
He was absolutely a Christian.

You kids and your label-making.
>>
>>9122229
>Theres a lengthy comment on it that thoroughly destroyed TSOL version of Kierkegaard.
cmon son gimme dat
>>
>>9122491
This plebbit post deals with it: https://www.reddit.com/r/philosophy/comments/3c2dg9/a_critical_commentary_on_the_school_of_lifes/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list
>>
>Sartre
>Not degenerate commie scum
>>
when did christianity come back in vogue

you guys are pathetic.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.