[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranoia in 1984

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: fE39VJa.jpg (140KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
fE39VJa.jpg
140KB, 960x960px
/lit/, for the first time of my life I need you and for the first and last time I'm glad that you exist.

Could you guys recommend me the most crucial, inspiring works on Paranoia. Literary and psychological works are welcome.

It occurred to me while reading 1984, that the constant paranoia of Winston can actually be displayed in the Narration itself. You know bros this structuralist notion that Narration is in way about it self, the real "story" apart from the symbolic order of the work, it's subject is its own internal relation as a form of sense making.

You got my soul a long time ago, now give me some help.
>>
The Crying of Lot 49
>>
>>9121596
> the most crucial, inspiring works on Paranoia
Don't know about that but Auto-da-Fé has passages dealing with it.
>>
There was a play called Bug by the guy who won the Pulitzer for August Osage County
>>
File: 1448452037220.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1448452037220.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>9121598
ain't nobody got time for that
>>
>>9121598
came to post this
>>
>>9121596
The Prisoner & the Fugitive - Proust
Could say The Magus - Fowles but it wasn't very good.
The Hearing Trumpet - Carrington
Solaris - Lem
Invention of Morel - Casares
Trial - Kafka

My definition of paranoia might be a bit too broad.
>>
>>9121596
Dostoevsky's Crime And Punishment - the feverish paranoia, guilt, and rationalising of Raskolnikov after he kills an old woman, and his overcoming of these.

To a lesser extent the anxiety and insecurity of the protag in Notes From Underground, also.

There's a lot of paranoia in Philip K Dick as well.
>>
this just gave me a random thought

what is the difference between paranoia and obsession?

isn't paranoia really just an obsession with the idea that some bad thing is going to happen?
>>
>>9122078
theyre different words with different meanings, just look them up
>>
>>9121771
Prisoner and the Fugitive is great, but holy shit, thar's a lot of pre-reading to work through beforehand.

OP, just read tCoL49 or some other Pynchon; White Noise by DeLillo would probably be good too.
>>
>>9122078
paranoia is a subset of obsession
>>
File: dali soft self portrait.jpg (10KB, 211x300px) Image search: [Google]
dali soft self portrait.jpg
10KB, 211x300px
>>9121596
Look for Dali's writings about the paranoiac-critical method, you might like them.
>>
>>9121598
all of Pynchon actually
>>
>>9121596
PKD
DFW

I just started reading the Greek novel "Z213: Exit" which, so far, seems relevant and recommended. There is an english translation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z213:_Exit
>>
>>9121596
Report on the Blind in On Heroes and Tombs
>>
I've never wanted to fuck her before. When did she lose her hunch back and get a nice ass. Damn lads.
>>
>>9123186
It is the fact that you can only see half of her face. I was also shocked. She is beguiling to say the least.
>>
this just gave me a random thought

what if i put my penis in her vagina
>>
La pista de hielo - Bolaño
>>9121771
>Solaris - Lem
Damn, Solaris is actually accurate in its depiction of paranoia. I remember reading it in a very down period of my life and shit was too real.
The movie is good too. Proof than the wrong faction won the cold war
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.