[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about Dark Tower?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dark-tower.jpg (421KB, 1310x1002px)
dark-tower.jpg
421KB, 1310x1002px
What does /lit/ think about Dark Tower?
>>
>>9121219
>The Dark Tower
>The Dark Tower

This jump-starts my think-parts
>>
>>9121219
>The Dark Tower
>The Dark Tower

This really gets my noggin joggin.
>>
>>9121219

I read them all, for some reason. The first one is decent and over all I think was an interesting concept, the Stephen King muh genre fiction universe, but they get shitter and shitter till it's just horribly written nonsense. I don't know if he wrote the first one on drugs and the stopped doing drugs or the opposite but whatever he did it it fucked him up. He really disappears up his own arsehole as well

>I'm going to use this book about a transdimensional cowboy to tell you why the guy who ran me over was a prick!

In short, it's not worth sitting through, a waste of time.
>>
Anyone actually read Wind Through Keyhole? Worth revisiting fhe series for?
>>
>>9121219
Read like 90% of the first one. Literally got to like the last 8-10 pages and set it down. Threw it away like a week later. That's the only book I've ever done that with aside from a collection of Steven King short stories called Tales after Sunset or something similar. I did really like one of them though called "N.", and a couple other were meh, but the rest were pretty bad.

I dislike his writing style for one, but perhaps more than that I guess I just didn't find the atmosphere of the book interesting whatsoever. Post-nuke apocalyptic things rarely interest me, but not so much I won't give them a try if I hear good reviews.

Maybe the rest of the series is really good, but I don't care to find out.
>>
>>9121219
I read the first one. Basic idea seems okay (like many King books) but the actual writing and execution of the idea are atrocious (again like many King books).
>>
the first three are alright through having an interesting premise and gay multiverse shenanigans but after that the series turns to absolute shit (worse than it already was)
>>
>>9121219
I never read them and never will. I found some samples and they seemed boring as fuck. I have not liked any of the kings works so he is not for me
>>
File: tittysprinkles.jpg (26KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
tittysprinkles.jpg
26KB, 500x321px
>>9121219
I thought the first three were pretty decent. Interesting concept and world building. I started on the fourth one, "Wizard and Glass", but couldn't get through it. Just...boring. Didn't advance the story in a meaningful way.

Retried reading it a couple of times but I've given up.
>>
>>9121219

It's a good example of why the Stephen King method of writing (just making it all up as you write) doesn't work when you're writing a grand epic fantasy story.
>>
>>9121219
Wolves of the Calla was the one of Rolands youth, right? That was the best one.
>>
>>9121219
The first book was probably one of kings best if not the best.

I stopped reading around wolfs or Susanna because I didnt like it at all.
>>
>>9121219
I read the first book as a wee lad, and a great deal of King's stuff set AROUND the Dark Tower universe: Eyes of the Dragon, The Talisman, Insomnia, The Stand, a brief mention in Desperation (or was it The Regulators).

It's neat, I guess. Demonic Old West needs more attention. I doubt the DT series lives up to the hype.
>>
File: IMGP0074edit.jpg (821KB, 3445x1978px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0074edit.jpg
821KB, 3445x1978px
I'm in the middle of book 5 (I read Wind through the Keyhole as 4.5) and I'm still enjoying them. They remind me of Michael Moorcock: strange genre-bending pulp without much depth, but exciting enough. Besides, my covers make a fun mural when you put them together (pic related).
>>
>>9121219
The wind through the keyhole plays after wizard and glass as far as i remember
roland is white
the ending is shit
the door gimick is cool
flag had not enough appearances
the parralels to his other books of king were cool
the devil thingie rape scene was weird
the train was cool
>>9124021
i want this collection
>>
>>9123814
That was Wizard and Glass, I believe.

Never made it through Wolves, try as I might. Got maybe a third of the way through and then watched a Futurama marathon, after that all the characters sounded like the professor and I couldn't take anything happening in the book seriously.
>>
>>9121219
Interesting series. The last book, especially the ending, is pure shit. Just stop reading after the first to last book, once you get there you can go ahead and re-read the first sentence of the first book. Your welcome.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.