[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the general female reaction to the works of Bukowski?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

What is the general female reaction to the works of Bukowski? no girl I know red anything by him.
>>
>>9121207
girls like bukowski
>>
>>9121231
I second this.

I've known a few girls who really liked Bukowski.
>>
All the high school girls I fucked had only really read Vonnegut, Bukowski, Murakami and a couple others.
>>
>>9121207
My gf has read him.
>>
File: Download.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>9121527
Teach me senpai.
>>
did they say anything about the books? it's portrayal of women?
>>
>>9121207
I met a girl who liked and could quote him. She cancelled on me because she was getting drunk the night before. I was offended and broke contact.
Maybe she was scared because she had a boyfriend and we'd gotten on so well as friends. Maybe she didn't like me.
>>
>>9121207
All of his work pertains to the sort of vulnerable, over sharing, emotional wreck of a person that most womyn "interested" in le arts are
>>
File: 1468259293267.jpg (172KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1468259293267.jpg
172KB, 456x628px
>>9121808
>tfw i'm all 3 of those things
>>
>>9121808
Why do people write 'womyn' when they're talking about women they don't like? What does it mean?
>>
>>9121833
Implies hairy armpits, bra burning and noisy entitlement.
>>
>>9121833
It's a word invented by feminists who didn't like that the word "woman" has "man" in it. I'm not joking look it up.
>>
>>9121841
Why do nonfeminists use it then?
>>
>>9121858
In jest
>>
I had a history teacher who loved him. She was always talking about it outside class. I also have a friend who very much likes his writings.
>>
>>9121808
tho he treats them like crap
>>
>>9122125
That just shows how misunderstood he is you mysognynist
>>
I have a female friend who wants to get a tattoo of him. She told me that Bukowski isn't for me, that I wouldn't understand him. So I guess they like him
>>
>>9122139
how's that?
>>
I've run into a few female Henry Miller fans too.
Yet most lit women I've talked with hate Kerouac and Hemingway, while Miller and Bukowski get a pass for their misogyny for some reason
>>
women love bukowski
>>
>>9122206
Kerouac and Hemingway were (semi-)closeted fags who actually hated women and worshipped masculinity while Miller and Bukowski actually loved women.
>>
>>9121207
masturbate with a wine bottle
>>
File: fuck off.gif (2MB, 245x350px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.gif
2MB, 245x350px
We're too patrician.
Bukowski is a meme-writer, truly. Everything about him is a cliché. "I'm such a brute, manly man - fuck yeah!", "such an American!", "I only drink my liquor raw and I drink lots of it LOL".

Why are all Americans cartoons?
>>
I liked him when I was a teenager, then I found better shit to read. It's at least 50% a cult of personality and fun liking something disgusting/easy to read with easy to buy into "life wisdom".
>>9122244
in Bukowski's own words he hated everyone but found women less terrible than men, all four are still misogynists which doesn't mean their work is valueless, but it is a fact
>>
>>9122266
I don't think you understand bukowski, if you ever actually read him at all.
>>
>>9121841
The funny thing about whole "womyn" thing is that if you look up the origins of "woman" it has nothing to do with men.
>>
>>9122367
Well that's... just wrong.
Woman comes from "wife of man"

"Man" used to be gender-neutral and had a prefix to indicate maleness long ago.

Maybe you're thinking of male/female, where people perceive female as being an afterthought to the word male, but it's the other way around
>>
>>9122293
>50%
100% more like
>>
>>9121207
I've never met any girls who liked him. We got assigned one of his books in class and a bunch of girls got butthurt because muh soggy knees. I don't talk to many people though tbf
>>
Literally every woman even cursorily interested in literature I've ever met loved Bukowski.
>>
>>9121207
literally the only people i know who read him are girls
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.