[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Illuminatus! Trilogy readalong - Day 3 (February 17th)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: The Illuminatus! Trilogy.jpg (148KB, 526x808px) Image search: [Google]
The Illuminatus! Trilogy.jpg
148KB, 526x808px
This is the bi-daily thread for those of us who are reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and R. A. Wilson. The reading schedule is below. Every reader is allowed two days to finish each chapter, plus after every chapter that is longer than fifty pages there will be a two day break. There will be a new thread every other day, made by OP.
You can join us and catch up at any time. There will be a brief summary included in the OP of every just-completed chapter's events and key themes and ideas.
OP hopes you enjoy the book, get something out of it, and hopefully don't get too lost within its contents.

>a .pdf is inlcuded here: http://www.integralbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Wilson-Robert-Anton-Illuminatus-Trilogy.pdf

ch.1 50pgs (feb. 15-16)
ch.2 33pgs (feb. 17-18)
ch.3 47pgs (feb. 19-20)
ch.4 78pgs (feb. 21-22)
rest 2 days (feb. 23-24)
ch.5 88pgs (feb. 25-26)
rest 2 days (feb. 27-28)
ch.6 80pgs (mar. 1-2)
rest 2 days (mar. 3-4)
ch.7 89pgs (mar. 5-6)
rest 2 days (mar. 7-8)
ch.8 89pgs (mar. 9-10)
rest 2 days (mar. 11-12)
ch.9 46pgs (mar. 13-14)
ch.10 78pgs (mar. 15-16)
rest 2 days (mar. 17-18)
appcs 73pgs (mar. 19-20)
fin. (mar. 20)
>>
>>9120416
OP will post a summary later because he is stoned out of his gourd.
>>
>>9120419
Those John Lennon pics make sense now.
>>
File: John relax.jpg (35KB, 872x553px) Image search: [Google]
John relax.jpg
35KB, 872x553px
>>9120545
What did you think of "The First Trip"?
>>
So did anyone actually read? I am actually surprised by how funny it is. Had a few laughs like the drug dealer rosetta the stoned, vp calling mocenigo a wop. Its super heavy on literary and history references which i also didnt expect from a conspiracy theory book.
I noticed 3 came up a hundred times and alot of different ways whats the significance of that? is it shit to do with illuminati, i dont get into that shit normaly.
>>
>>9121241
A huge part of the Wilson model is that what you pay attention to, what you look for, you get. Numbers are a huge part of this, because it's so easy to project them onto any aspect or pattern in reality.

But this is just an analogy for the fact that our expectations (beliefs) set up the boundaries for our experience (like a tunnel of perception) across the whole interface of where our consciousness meets reality.

When we believe in conspiracy, we create it.
>>
>>9121258
yeah right. thats pretty deep. So are you saying now that ive started seeing 3 everywhere that thats where ill be focused and because i wrote a post about it other readers reading will notice it too. Are you a RAW fan? since you mention the wilson model? are you OP
>>
>>9121268
Yeah, that's right. And thus can then be practically applied to life outside of Illuminatus too. He's written practical non-fiction (as if there was such a thing!) guides to do just that.

I'm not OP, but Wilson is my favourite writer by far. There's a quote from someone on the back of one of his books that I agree with wholeheartedly. I'm paraphrasing, but basically that RAW is the elephant in the room of modern literature.
>>
>>9121268
I just posted in another thread and the captcha was Wilson, so here I am again.

I would add that it's interesting that if you can believe in a universal organising principle then it exists too. And then if you can believe that paying attention to coincidences encourages them then they will increase as well. And if you can get enough momentum going then you can really scare or wonder yourself...
>>
>>9121298
haha. Crazy shit. While i was thinking about 3 everywhere I looked on the book to see if the quote you were talking about was on this. Then saw three dolphins, 3 words in the title, trilogy in the title, Robert Anton Wilson 3, 3 quotes from 3 different people all of them 3 lines long on the cover. Not trying to derail thread what books of his talk about this kinda shit. Im interested now.
>>
>>9121327
Hahaha, nice. Now whether the coincidences feel threatening or benevolent depend on a lot of OTHER beliefs, but that's another story...

Two of the practical books are Quantum Psychology and Prometheus Rising. One if them was transmutes from his PhD thesis - I fucking wish I could get my hands on that origin manuscript!
>>
i thought the book was about 5's and fnords
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.