[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Is it suggesting that we can reach the level of the enlightened creature of the astral plane? Or will it always be beyond our grasp?
>>
it doesnt make sense that he's having Plato shoved into his head

like at all

person who made the pic (OP) is probably a dope fiend
>>
>>9118587
>tfw you have a sudden urge to binge the wire
>>
memes cant save you now spooker
>>
>>9118587
You just don't get it
>>
People value "free thought" way too fucking much. Odds are, whatever you manage to come up with by yourself is going to be trivial grabage anyway.
>>
>>9118560
It's just a shitpost
A pretty good one though
>>
I think the meme is just highlighting the fact that most philosophical thoughts we value aren't really ours. They are the ideas of other men that we agree with and regurgitate.

the Astral plane creature is just a metaphor for the 'muses' or the place where these ideas come from.
the problem with this being the ideas of those philosophers were also based on the ideas of others
"Though is the thought of though" -James Joyce
>>
>>9118560

The entire history of philosophy and knowledge has been a history of Kek feeding people information along a pre-designed curriculum that leads from concrete knowledge and objective reality to postmodernism and irony, and from there to memes.

Kek is an egregore engraved in the psychic structure of the memes and when we reach critical meme in a few years he will override all human minds and become God.

And once he's God he'll use his control over temporality to retroactively create himself via philosophy, and so on.
>>
>>9119447
Truly a god worth worshiping
>>
>>9119447
activates my almonds
>>
>>9119420
Ah, this is a good explanation worthy of regurgitation. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>9118596
lol totes mcgoats upvoted
>>
>>9120992
this
>>
>>9121000
>anything I don't like is reddit

Take a break from this site, Anon, I worry about you
>>
what is that exert from?
>>
>>9118560
>What does this mean
1. Thinkers in pic related have in common mysticism, "freethinking", rebelliousness, idealism (not in the philosophical sense) and faggy pathos and are considered bad/shallow philosophers outside of their respective nieches/hugboxes.

2. The irony is that the unfortunate "freethinker" who ostensibly understands the deeper meaning of life still feels compelled by affect to berate the "sheep", betraying his shallowness and immaturity, childish affect and so on (u mad u mad), which is evident to the author. Actions speak louder than words and so on; we are not dealing with a wise man here. Unfortunate freethinker is the actual sheep for merely regurgitating history of philo and being smug about it instead of philosophizing (e.g. by starting with asking what is the point of this conversation, what am I trying to accomplish) and correcting his childish behavior accordingly.

>Is it suggesting that we can reach the level of the enlightened creature of the astral plane?
For these reasons it is plausible that you can reach "astral plane" levels: Stay heckin humble, do philosophy instead of arguing about it or simply studying the history of philosophy. You can read all the books you want, if you don't use it to improve your own reasoning you didn't accomplish what you (probably) set out to do which is to acquire wisdom.

Sorry for my English
>>
>>9121655
>Thinkers in pic related have in common mysticism, "freethinking", rebelliousness, idealism (not in the philosophical sense) and faggy pathos and are considered bad/shallow philosophers outside of their respective nieches/hugboxes.
Anon, it's clearly just a list of the most famous and influential philosophers.
>>
>>9121655
Another good interpretation. Thank you, kind anons
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.