[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kierkegaard was right about everything. Either/Or should have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 260px-Kierkegaard.jpg (16KB, 260x385px) Image search: [Google]
260px-Kierkegaard.jpg
16KB, 260x385px
Kierkegaard was right about everything.
Either/Or should have been read by everyone before they've even learned to read.
It's that good.

The Diapsalmata gives the best diagnosis of human worth.
Silhouettes is the best description of how sadness varies.
Just to tell. The Aesthetic, Ethic, and Religious... wow!
>>
Want to get into him, where do I start?
I'm not well versed with real philosophy either, should I become familiar with others first? I remember some chart that said Hegel was essential to getting Kierkegaard. If so where to start with him?
>>
>>9118406
Sure, you'd need a knowledge of Hegelian terms, but just pick up a copy of Either/Or and start reading. You'll see how much of a father he really is.
>>
>>9118399
I can't wait to really start reading Kierkegaard. Every time I see some excerpt from him or a summary of one of his ideas, I get more excited.
>>
>>9118416
One sticks one’s finger into the soil to tell by the smell in what land one is: I stick my finger in existence — it smells of nothing. Where am I? Who am I? How came I here? What is this thing called the world? What does this world mean? Who is it that has lured me into the world? Why was I not consulted, why not made acquainted with its manners and customs instead of throwing me into the ranks, as if I had been bought by a kidnapper, a dealer in souls? How did I obtain an interest in this big enterprise they call reality? Why should I have an interest in it? Is it not a voluntary concern? And if I am to be compelled to take part in it, where is the director? I should like to make a remark to him. Is there no director? Whither shall I turn with my complaint?
>>
>>9118423

hnnnnnnnggggggg
>>
File: demiurge.jpg (125KB, 418x627px) Image search: [Google]
demiurge.jpg
125KB, 418x627px
>>9118423
>a dealer in souls
>>
Dialectical little shit.
>>
>>9118413
So all I'd need is a glossary of Hegel terms to get started? That's pretty easy.
>>
>>9118747
Even without that, Churchyard is a mildly difficult read. I've started reading philosophy with him, only to later try and read the Greeks, because I felt I needed to, to understand his more difficult works.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.