[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for interesting secondary literature that relates to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1481132631139.png (139KB, 341x317px) Image search: [Google]
1481132631139.png
139KB, 341x317px
Looking for interesting secondary literature that relates to Homer's works, essays, theoretical works and so on.

So far i have Wilamowitz-Moellendorf on my list, also that essay from the "Starting with the greeks"-flowchart.

I also count fiction that relates to the Iliad or the Odyssey, like Goethe's Achilleis or the Aeneid, though not something like Ulysses.
>>
I saved your dfw image so I feel obligated to give you a bump
>>
>>9118230
The Hero With a Thousand Faces
>>
>>9118891
thank
>>
>>9119901
After you read that read a short story (~10 pages) called 'Night Sea Journey' by John Barth (Part of the 'Lost in the Funhouse' collection).

Barth supplants the classical 'Heroes Journey' (which you'll read about in 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces') onto the journey of a spermatozoan en route to an ovum. It's wonderful.
>>
>>9118230
>Wilamowitz-Moellendorf
>can't even into Birth of Tragedy
>hates Zukunftsphilologie
no thanx
>>
>>9118891
>>9119909
you fellas need to read actual classicists
>>
>>9119936
I just love Barth, and thought the short story was pertinent to what OP wanted
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.