[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /lit/ person's opinion on Viriconium?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: viriconium01.jpg (81KB, 340x530px) Image search: [Google]
viriconium01.jpg
81KB, 340x530px
I've just heard a couple of positive things about the book and the description sounded like it could be the one serious fantasy novel written by a person that acknowledged what contemporary art is. The person told me it's some abstract meta-shit so I was like "t-they even do that in genre-fiction?". Haven't checked much about it or it's author yet, but I'm interested if it may be worth doing so, so I came here to waste a bit of my time and hear some contrary opinions.
>>
It's shit.
>>
It's a masterpiece.
>>
It's okay.
>>
>>9115190
>>9115193
>>9115201
*wasting time*
Words, words, words, If only anyone gave me some more of those.

Someone on /lit/ must've read it, everybody knows you love genre fiction guys.
>>
>>9115234
>Words, words, words, If only anyone gave me some more of those.
>Someone on /lit/ must've read it, everybody knows you love genre fiction guys.

I have read it and was going to respond positively, but you sound like an awkward, condescending, self entitled bitch.

If you're that vain and stubborn you should just fixate and read it yourself.
>>
>>9115271
Hmm, I guess /lit/ have changed since I've been lurking here regularly. Isn't it anymore the overly pretentious and ironic grup of self entitled bitches talking about Pynchon all the time? Or is just my english that bad, so it doesn't convey what I mean it to?

Anyway, I'd love to hear the positive comments, don't really know what made me sound that vain and stubborn, I'm just interested in the book. If you're the into-genre-fiction anon I offended, liking it used to be a meme, I didn't mean to. It feels so strange to offend anyone unironically on 4chan tbqh.
>>
>>9115422
Mieville described it as more worthy than the Nobels, but while I do think some genre fiction is that, Viriconium's basically only high pulp.

It has some overlap with surreal fiction, and does play around with the boundaries between reality--the world we live in and tolerate Trump specifically--and fantasy, but it doesn't move past previous dialectic, and isn't really profound. Viriconium only deserves to be lumped with Neil Gaiman and the like, as failed attempters who tried to raise the pedigree of their small corners, but failed. PKD pulled off the technique of Viriconium's third novel better, but PKD has much worse prose. A shame, that.
>>
>>9115478
>failed attempters who tried to raise the pedigree of their small corners, but failed
blah i fucked this part up, but you get the idea
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.