[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /lit/'s opinion on the Goodreads website?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: goodreads.jpg (41KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
goodreads.jpg
41KB, 580x388px
What's /lit/'s opinion on the Goodreads website?
>>
should be named badreads
>>
Bad users good suggestion algorithm
>>
decent enough for cataloguing purposes and recs if you shelf correctly

generally shitty for discussion

look at the "best books ever" list if you want a general idea of the userbase aka normies
>>
It's good for recommendations, I find the reviews insufferable.
>>
I wish there was a way to disable the social aspect of it, I just need the book tracking and the recommendations.
>>
Good for cataloguing and you won't find a review site with worse reviews.
>>
>>9112541
I don't mind it, as long as you take most people's reviews with a pinch of salt - Fifty Shades of Grey and Pewdiepie's book has a higher rating than many classics.

Most people I've talked to on their are polite; the recommendations are useful; the reading challenge/charts/chronicling all that you've read is pretty interesting, enjoyable and useful too.

It's OK, the best reading-based semi-social network I've come across.
>>
>>9112541
1. Create shelf
2. Add all the books you love to shelf
3. Create recommendations based off shelf
4. dismiss recommendations youve already read

Ignore all reviews and other readers, unless you have added /lit/izens and use their feed as an informal recommendation feed of like minded people. Make sure to purge immediately as soon as someone shows a sign of being a pleb.

Also, librarything is pretty great.
>>
File: best2016.jpg (257KB, 776x774px) Image search: [Google]
best2016.jpg
257KB, 776x774px
>>9112541
It is shit
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (220KB, 696x868px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
220KB, 696x868px
>>9113453
I dont know what you are reading to get those recommendations, this is what mine looks like.
>>
>>9113453
That is some shopped fat there Amy.
>>
isnt this myanimelist for books?
>>
>>9113468
>>9113490
>>9113453
These are not recommendations, these look like the finalists for the awards

Newsflash: Any popular medium will be garbage. Look at /b/.
>>
I use for cataloguing and to waive my Lit-dick over the internet
>>
Just like my other social media accounts: dead as a rock
>>
Oh it's great for your cataloging and whatnot but stay far away from the rotten reviews. Sooner rather than later you'll come across a millenial trying to be dismissive in a witty kind of way of an important piece of literature and your sanity will take a hit.

Beware.
>>
I use it to keep track of stuff but nothing else really. Found some "gems" from the giveaways too XD
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.