[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Distracted Reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 242053_116_41.jpg (123KB, 929x1072px) Image search: [Google]
242053_116_41.jpg
123KB, 929x1072px
I find it difficult to read with my computer nearby. Once I reach the second page I get bored and watch videos or play pc games. Anyone else?

I want to read...
>>
If you want to read, then read. Turn off your computer and read.
>>
Computers, the web, smartphones, etc. etc. have all been proven to stimulate the brain to a high degree and build up an expectation on the dopamine kick that comes with it.

So get off the internet and stop video gaming.

I myself have an hour limit a day for going on the web.
>>
Where to cop
>>
i read in bed with my pc right next to me and don't have that problem

you just gotta want reading more than doing anything on the pc

read a book that you're actually interested in
>>
>>9113672
>>9112513

The bed itself is a wonderful means in order to improve attention. Buy a large window and put it right behind your bed, so that you can read in the broad daylight. If you're comfy enough, you won't get up to check your computer everytime.
>>
>>9112513
This past summer I hung a hammock in my room. It's kind of high off the ground, probably five feet? I have to stand on my bed to get in it.

I'll leave my laptop on my desk. Put my phone on silent, face-down on my desk.

When I want to read & relax, I'll grab my kindle (and a water bottle, and ear plugs) and hop in the hammock. And I'll just read until it's time for a nap.

This works for me because a) I've kind of trained myself subconsciously to associate reading with being in the hammock, so when I get in, my body is saying "It's reading time" and b) because it's so comfortable that once I get in, there's no temptation to leave.

It's not uncommon for me to just lay there for three or four hours, pass into a nap, wake up and do something else with my day.

Other notes: the ear plugs are because I live in a city, and it gets noisy sometimes. Also, my hammock has a ridgeline & a sliding bag on it. Pic related. So, when I want to put my water bottle away, or my kindle away, I have a place for them.
>>
File: sample.jpg (267KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
sample.jpg
267KB, 1600x1060px
>>9113983
Forget the pic.
>>
It is difficult in the modern age, but it isn't impossible. First of all, stop being a child. Second, find a pattern like >>9113983

Thirdly, read something you enjoy. Even if something is difficult to read, you should still be enjoying it. If you aren't having any sort of pleasure reading it, pick up a new book.
>>
>>9112525
This. Turn off your computer, don't leave it on stand by.
>>
>>9112754
I need to do this. I reach a point in the day where I realise my mind has gone to gunk due to being on the web all day. I'm far more productive during internet-abstinence.
>>
>>9113630
They look very similar to my chippawas, but these happen to be Katahdins.
>>
>>9112513
Similar. Always takes a couple pages to really get into it but once I'm there I have just a hrad time stopping.
>>
>>9115138
And time goes really fast with you suddenly realising that the entire day has gone and you've accomplished nothing.

No wonder Orwell had to go to Jura and Thoreau to Walden Pond. Imagine what they would be like with computers and the internet!
>>
>>9112513
I can't read at home. Feels weird. But I can read almost anywhere else even on a busy city street or something. So yeah I relate.
>>
>>9112513
What do you wear with boots? My pants legs are either too big or too small for the boots I just bought to not look ridiculous.
>>
>>9112513
I don't even have time to read things I actually want to anymore...
>>
Only thing I would use a computer for when reading is looking up an occasional word, but that sometimes leads me astray. Thinking about just using a paper dictionary so I can keep the computer off.
>>
>>9115138
The mind of gunk feels eerily nice sometimes though desu
>>
File: 1649401_a94ca520.jpg (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1649401_a94ca520.jpg
136KB, 640x480px
>>9115195
>No wonder Orwell had to go to Jura and Thoreau to Walden Pond

Take the Cabin Pill.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.