/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>slaps together historical documents written by other people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: lincoln in the bardo.jpg (153KB, 470x700px) Image search: [Google]
lincoln in the bardo.jpg
153KB, 470x700px
>slaps together historical documents written by other people
>calls it his own novel

What did he mean by this? Is plagiarism the new trend in experimental fiction?
>>
>>9111321

it mirrors the cacophony that is the voice of the ghosts which itself mirrors a greek chorus.
>>
>>9111321
>carefully pieces together different historical documents
>also writes original content
>calls it his new novel
>I buy it
>it's good
I don't see the problem.
>>
File: 1484191199730s.jpg (2KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1484191199730s.jpg
2KB, 125x123px
>>9111327
>>
is he trying to be david markson or is it not like that?
>>
Now he's in the running for the Nobel Prize.
>>
>>9111369

markson is his own kind of beast, and ive only been exposed to wm and rb, which take an aphoristic style.

if thats what youre referring to here, no, saunders doesnt do that but he also didnt write a conventional novel, which is to be expected from the guy.
>>
Very excited for this.
>>
>>9111379
hes prob referring to markson's late novels, which are collections of anecdotes about artists
>>
>>9111321
>>slaps together memes and copypasta written by other people
>>calls it his own shitpost

Also, Voices from Chernobyl and Eichmann in Jerusalem shows that plagiarism done right can be fantastic.
>>
>>9111556
Plagiarism Done Right is the title of my novel.
>>
>>9111568
>collect tons of 9/11 eyewitnesses and survivors statements in the public arena
>edit together with the main character as a roving reporter or writer
>win pulitzer
>do the same for balkan wars, fall of berlin wall, Tienanmen square etc from the comfyness of the internet.
>Win Nobel
>>
Ya, he took many testimonies from the incorporeal community.
Don't be a dunce, Calvin.
I'm not sure how Saunders made a book that sounds so interesting on the dust jacket so dull, but he accomplishes that marvelously.
>>
Holy shit Saunders wrote a novel?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.