[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you finished Capital by Karl Marx?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-02-15-200227_586x134_scrot.png (21KB, 586x134px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-15-200227_586x134_scrot.png
21KB, 586x134px
Have you finished Capital by Karl Marx?
>>
No one has, it's an unfinished work. Funny joke, Slavoj.
>>
>>9109994
It isn't slavoj.
>>
>>9109977

Clearly, just getting through volume one doesn't count. For a scholar such as Zizek, getting through the three proper volumes probably doesn't even count. For Zizek and Marxist scholars, the project probably entails going through a significant subset of the collected works of M&E, including the Grundrisse and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if something along these lines was what Zizek had in mind. I'm going to take a wild guess that Zizek has in fact read Capital Volume One all the way through, at least one time in his life, and has also read at least large chunks of the two sequel-volumes.

I'm no Marxist but I kinda like how dutifully Engels edited together the other two volumes. It was literally the last thing that he did on this earth - shortly after completing III for publication, a few months later, Engels dropped dead. I guess he'd finished his collaborator's life's work, and felt that he was done, with nothing left to do, and no strength to do it with.
>>
>>9109998
Funny joke, SlavojBot*
>>
haven't started, nor will i ever
>>
>tfw you read it in his voice with the CSCHHSCCH
>>
>>9110009
Engels is the greatest friend in all history.
>>
>>9110009
Marx planned 4 volumes.
>>
Marxist thought is utterly obsessed with "the means of production" in much the same way that Austrian economists are utterly obsessed with the "original" appropriation of "unclaimed" resources (as if in a universe of flux there could ever be any truly "original" act or any object whatsoever that's really "unclaimed"). What is unworthy in both of them is that they see the starting point, the very beginning of human happiness and prosperity, in something that exists OUTSIDE the individual, whereas in reality everything good and valuable about human life begins inside the brain (with an idea), in the absence of which no amount of "means of production" or "unclaimed resources" could have the slightest positive effect on the life of an individual who is so lacking (quite apart from the fact that "means of production" and "unclaimed" resources are anyway created by the brain). But this is typical of the mind that has been trained to think only in economic terms, treating only of what occurs BETWEEN individuals, and completely ignoring what, while the exchange is taking place, is happening INSIDE them.
>>
>>9110009
topkek, when your entire philosophy and economic understanding comes from 18th century lunatic, who you have to study more than religious scholars study the bible
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.