[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Harry Potter would have voted for Nick Clegg At what point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: v2rowling3.jpg (571KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
v2rowling3.jpg
571KB, 2048x1536px
>Harry Potter would have voted for Nick Clegg
At what point did you realise she was a hack?
>>
Chapter one
>>
>>9109769

Same as >>9109781

Then after she started trolling people on twitter, and triggering the fuck out of fags, I reevaluated and now realize she is a genius shitposter.
>>
>>9109769
Like page one. Didn't like the prose. Didn't like the pure plot-energy. Even as a kid that just couldn't draw me.
>>
I imagine a universe in which her book was never succesful but she did somehow find a way to piss of frogposters and after that her book got succesful

Like how Anita Sarkeeshian came out of nothing just by triggering the gamer community alone

I.e. antifragile

But my concern is that this triggering, which enhances the spread of people who trigger, is making the whole intellectual world more and more plebian
>>
File: 1472869131922.png (158KB, 274x389px) Image search: [Google]
1472869131922.png
158KB, 274x389px
>>9109769
Imagine trying to emotionally manipulate millenials by conscripting their favourite childhood character to serve your own political agenda
>>
>>9109769
15 years ago when I was 10 and wondering why this garbage needed to have so many pages.
>>
None of the characters in the series showed any interest in politics what so ever
>>
>>9109960
That's right, that didn't stop her whipping out Hermione in the Scottish independence vote, Ron in the 2010 election and Harry in the Brexit vote
>>
>>9110028
>Hermione in the Scottish independence vote
When did she do this? I remember her shilling for Better Together but I don't remember her using her Harry Potter shit to do it.
>>
>>9109960
not true, hermione was an insufferable abolitionist (particularly funny because rowling portrayed it as an annoying obsession nobody gave a shit about)
>>
>>9109769
This dumb cunt is so pro-refugee and no borders but look at her own work. You need magic and shit just to get into the wizard world so no muggles allowed.
Even fucking Hogwarts had borders and security against people coming in. Hypocritical cunt.
>>
>>9109769
>hack

You mean children's author. Find a more interesting way to be worthless and stupid.
>>
>>9109769
>I have zero to contribute to the world around me so I go and make this thread again.
>I'm also somehow pompous about it.
>>
>>9109769
for a children's author she's good. for obvious reasons she's gotten more popularity than she deserves and it has gone to her head. but she was good at what she did and what she accomplished
>>
>>9110923
>From an outside perspective, Harry Potter is a funny fantasy for liberals to cohere around. Going off to centuries-old boarding school where your mum and dad were Head Boy and Head Girl, where tolerance and broadmindedness consists of admitting that lower-class Muggles can occasionally have the same genetically-mediated gifts as the gentry, where the greatest possible action for a woman is to let herself be slain so her son can grow up to revenge himself on her killer, where ignorance of the supernatural is a form of willful self-delusion,a pathetic blindness to the real forces that move the world, where all the kids eat Merry Olde England foods like Roast Beef and Kidney Pie and Yorkshire Pudding all the time, all sounds more reactionary than progressive. But if contemporary liberalism is the ideology of imperial academia, funneled through media and non-profits and governmental agencies but responsible ultimately only to itself, the obsession with Harry Potter makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>9109769
at the point i heard her career and name, so i could define shes from the shitty lower gender
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.