[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r/WritingPrompts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: writing prompts.png (19KB, 1157x152px) Image search: [Google]
writing prompts.png
19KB, 1157x152px
>>
You are a giant fagot who can't think of anything to write on his own. Certain of your mediocre doom you find this wacky website with a board where you can ask for help. You post, asking for writing prompts, and are expecting good advice but are instead met with insults, misinformation, and zero insight from where you began. Suicide is not far off.
>>
>>9109709
holy...................... i want more.
>>
>>9109709
is this a writing prompt about a retard who doesn't understand this thread?
>>
wtf?!? I hate reddit now!!!
>>
>>9109709
upvoted
>>
>>9109659
this is the front page of the writing prompts sub now. I don't even know how a person can read this amount of insipid pop culture references and not realize something is horribly wrong with their world
>>
/r/WriteMyShittyPopCultureRipOffStoryForMe

This is a good idea in theory. A vague scene, a short sentence, an image or just a couple of words are a really great way to get the imagination going. I've written some neat stories from prompts, but they have to still be very vague and open to interpretation to actually produce anything of value.
>>
>>9110266
r/WritingPrompts used to actually be good (I think). I went on there in high school and it had some good prompts that I had fun responding to. I think it suffered from the mainstream reddit sub problems where low effort content gets upvoted and then others only see the low effort content and mimic it, rinse & repeat. Like the death of r/LateStageCapitalism
>>
>ITT redditors talk trash on other redditors in a place they can't be downvoted
LMAO
>>
>>9109659
>>9109659
>what is pandering to an audience
>what is writing comedy literature
>what is parody

r/writingprompts is shit but this obsession over what ledditors do is embarrassing.
>>
What gets me angrier than the shitty pop-culture references is the fact that prompts are always addressed in the second person. What gets me angrier than that, is the fact that every single prompt works better with some kind of one line joke then an actual prompt.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.