[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is James Joyce dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

Is James Joyce dead?
>>
no, it's me
>>
File: Mt70j5L.jpg (93KB, 553x692px) Image search: [Google]
Mt70j5L.jpg
93KB, 553x692px
William Faulkner IS DEAD.
James Joyce IS DEAD.
I'M DEAD.
>>
>>9109246
yo when's Ulysses 2 coming out?
>>
About as dead as Mozart
>>
File: Wat.png (70KB, 247x364px) Image search: [Google]
Wat.png
70KB, 247x364px
>>9109311
>>
>>9109241
no, he's just celebrating his 134th birthday this year, ya knobhead wanka
>>
this thread is bakas
>>
>>9109567
OP meant is James Joyce the dead. As in is he perfectly personified by his short story "the dead", the last and best story in his famous "Dubliners".
>>
>>9109581
>implying anybody actually reads here
>>
the arthur is dead
>>
He lives on in the likes of David Foster Wallace, Albert Camus, and Slavoj Zizek. I think we have quite a few iterations of his form left before we finally surpass him, rendering him truly "dead."
>>
>>9109606
Agree on DFW, idk about the rest
>>
File: nicememe.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
nicememe.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>9109606
Camus and Zizek??
>>
>>9109578
baka desu senpaitachi gaijin
>>
>>9109241
No. He lives on in the mind and soul of every man who fucks farts out of their gf. It doesn't matter if they're naughty little farties or a long gush from her hole, as long as any man has a dirty little fuckbird who farts as she fucks, then Joyce lives on.
>>
File: 1466973831316.jpg (50KB, 639x732px) Image search: [Google]
1466973831316.jpg
50KB, 639x732px
>>9110626
>every man who fucks farts out of their gf.
>tfw
>>
>>9109241
95% of normies don't know who he was, or any of his works. He's pretty "dead".
>>
File: OTnXHkG.gif (2MB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
OTnXHkG.gif
2MB, 500x240px
>>9110755
>>
>>9110755
My university professor knows about him, and has even written academic posts about him.
>>
Not to me he's not. I remember I was in therapy, and my therapist was like, "Who inspires you? Who challenges you?" and I was like, "Shakespeare, Pope, Locke, Nietzsche, Joyce..." and he was like, "Those people are all dead" and I said "Not to me they're not." And he was like "Well, you can't talk to them, you can't give back to them" and I made some crack about smelling salts and started laughing, but he was like "Take this seriously." Whatever.

My therapist's name was Sean, and before I started going to him, I went to some other guy, who wrote this book, and I read the book before I went to the first session, and showed up, and he was like "So, blah blah blah" and I said "Hey pal, do you find it hard to hide the fact that you're gay?" and he was all flustered and shit and I was like "Yeah, I'm a genius, and I can tell who's gay and who's not, my IQ's through the roof, you don't who know you're fuckin' with." And he was like, "Get out of here! Get out! I'm not gay!" and I was like, you know, whatever. Fag.

Went back to Sean, and he was cool for a while until one night he started trying to hug me and shit and telling me it's not my fault, and I hugged him, but in my head I was like, "Shit, Sean's gay too."
>>
>>9109275
wise is kanye
>>
>>9109241
No, but God is
>>
>>9110916
Better than the movie
>>
>>9109241
Nope, we are dead in his eyes.
>>
nah he's g
>>
>>9109606
Zizek is not dead . . .
>>
>>9110882
>university professor
>normie
Every university professor should at least know of him, otherwise they do not deserve to be in academia.
>>
>>9112205
Not to me he's not
>>
>>9110755
this
>>
>>9112325
This. Even Joyce believed his books would be analyzed for centuries.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.