[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any thoughts on this guy? What is his greatest achievements and legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 110905_r21085_g2048-1190.jpg (276KB, 1190x1200px) Image search: [Google]
110905_r21085_g2048-1190.jpg
276KB, 1190x1200px
any thoughts on this guy? What is his greatest achievements and legacy
>>
>>9105677
i liked his stuff on equality
>>
>>9105677
Obviously Reasons and Persons
>>
Hope the Philly philosophy guy sees this thread.
>>
stuff
>>
most important thinker in ethics in nearly 200 years for sure. reasons and persons did to western philosophy of ethics what wittgenstein and heidegger (respectively) did to analysis and ontology: clear the way for something completely new.

what that is, we've yet to see. i'm excited
>>
>>9110903
I wouldn't really make such a strong claim. So what do you think is next to come?
>>
>>9110903
>>9112022
Off of that, what makes you think he is THE most important thinker in ethics in nearly 200 years?
>>
/Ourguy/ in terms of his autism levels.
>>
Looks like jimmy saville
>>
Who is that?
>>
File: 1443484668816.jpg (240KB, 1656x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1443484668816.jpg
240KB, 1656x1009px
>>9113235
>He doesn't know who Derek Parfit is
>>
>>9105677
>reminder that there exist beings with sufficient psychological continuity with Derek Parfit
>>
>>9113222
He probably did have mild autism to be frank.
>>
>>9113263
I feel horrible for doing it but while reading him just the thoughts about the fact that he was very "different" makes me want to reject certain arguments he makes through the text in various places.
>>
His greatest achviements is putting numbers before statements that a 14-year old could come up with

his entire legacy basically just boils down to "common sense but a bit of rationality too lmao"
>>
>>9113271
This. He is one verbose aspie.
>>
Parfit? More like barf it!
>>
>>9110903
>most important thinker in ethics in nearly 200 years for sure

So important that no one outside philosophy departments actually knows who he is
>>
>>9113494
Society has been becoming more anti-intellectual as of late.
>>
>>9113556

True, but not because of an ignorance of modern philosophers
>>
>>9113494
>Importance is a matter of popularity in terms of people having heard of you.
Yeah Michael Jackson is actually the most important ethicsist of all time.
>>
>>9105677
Who is this semen demon?
>>
NO DISCERNIBLE TALENT
>>
>>9113222
What makes him autistic?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.