[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Melmoth the Wanderer Reading Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: melmoth-the-wanderer.jpg (13KB, 197x300px) Image search: [Google]
melmoth-the-wanderer.jpg
13KB, 197x300px
Come on, come all! The Melmoth the Wanderer reading group is ongoing!

Come meme yourself with a comfy Gothic variant of the Faust story! Ebook available in the Discord channel.

February 14 - February 21

https://discord.gg/NVtdUsf

(It's not like you have anything to do on Valentine's Day, so you might as well spend it reading)
>>
To anyone remotely interested, this is the work that Wilde was obsessed about in prison, then took inspiration from, after this release.

Bumping for you. May the gods prevent you from getting banned.
>>
>>9105794

I probably wont read this with you but I'll bump it becuase its a great thing.
>>
>>9105471
Was there a thread before about this reading group starting?
Also bump.
>>
>>9105471
>tfw find out about this from Cerebus the Aardvark rather than Oscar Wilde.
>>
>>9106013
I'm the Wilde ref poster.

Nothing wrong with that. Like Eco observed, pulp works offer a truth about the world that Art cannot.

>Great Art makes fun of us as it comforts us, because it shows us the world as the artists would like the world to be. The dime novel, however, pretends to joke, but then it shows us the world as it actually is—or at least the world as it will become... The fact is, it's easier for reality to imitate the dime novel than to imitate art.

I reference Eco a lot, he probably shaped me more than any other author.
>>
apparently the invite has expired
>>
>>9106563
Really? What manner of idiot ruined things this time?
>>
>>9105997
No don't think so.
>>
>>9106563
>https://discord.gg/NVtdUsf
if the link doesn't work, you got banned.
>>
Damn, I'm in the middle of "The Recognitions" and was planning to read this afterwards. I'm afraid I'm gonna do this delayed.
>>
>>9107069
you should join the discord anyway, we have quite a few recognitions fans who'd be happy to talk about gaddis with you
>>
>>9107085
That would be quite nice actually
>>
I read this about two years ago. Some of the Tale of the Indians is stilted and bit of a chore to get through, but the conclusion features some of the most beautiful and horrifyingly evocative prose I've ever read.
>>
File: the-monk.jpg (44KB, 295x475px) Image search: [Google]
the-monk.jpg
44KB, 295x475px
Is there any other recommended Gothic reading?
>>
WELL HOWDY DOO

TIME FOR BUMP NOW OKAY
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.