[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>free verse poetry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: (13).png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
(13).png
21KB, 900x900px
>free verse poetry
>>
shut up tool you don't even know what's a free verse
>>
>>9103101
found the open mic free verse talentless hack in one post
>>
File: 9wP1ZcO.jpg (73KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
9wP1ZcO.jpg
73KB, 400x400px
Since we're doing poetry stuff, can someone explain to me about haikus? I know they're supposed to fit that particular syllable standard, but what other criteria are they judged on? And has that changed significantly over the years?
>>
>>9103108
hard to really hammer down one explanation because the haiku has changed so much over the centuries. it's Japanese origin, but the western haiku as we know it today didn't even come around in the US until the 1950's. I'm not exactly sure what the first haiku (think it's called a waka) was supposed to be about, but I'm sure it was religious or cermonial. Japanese have always been obsessed with minimalism, so the tight structure makes sense.
>>
File: savile_frowning.jpg (38KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
savile_frowning.jpg
38KB, 620x413px
>>9103095
>yfw you will never appreciate Ted Hughes
>>
yeah Milton needs to die
>>9104346
not as badly as this cunt
>>
File: so_edgy.jpg (73KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
so_edgy.jpg
73KB, 500x490px
>>9104350
Edgelord confirmed.
>>
Ah, there he is.
That motherfucker.
What a tool.
>>
>>9103108
Haikus are generally supposed to be minimalist, traditionally about nature, and in that unique Japanese way describing a moment in time and how it is or feels to be there.
Rather than describing emotions and states of being, you attempt to transport the reader to where you were or where you want them to be, and naturally guide them into having the same experience and feeling as you.
Something like that.
>>
>>9103095
Free verse is fine. It is best when it is done from a position of conscious transgression (or reaction?), and not from a position of mere ignorance and impudence.

Poets experimenting with free verse usually have the sense to place different devices into their verse (e.g. Whitman) and prop it up with a different style and structure.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.