[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys often give up on reading a book part way through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1486328658072.png (79KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486328658072.png
79KB, 500x300px
Do you guys often give up on reading a book part way through and plan to come back to it at a later date? could be for any reason, not feeling like you have enough experience to understand it for example

Pic Related: I just put IJ back on the shelf because i felt i couldn't relate to it at the moment
>>
>>9100960
this is bullshit.
I did it for many times until I realized that most of the information from the book I'll get later when discussing it with myself.
So just read.
If you feel that it was not a good reading, re-read it then.
>>
>>9101017
Not understanding was just an example, i stopped reading IJ because i wasn't enjoying it and couldn't relate. I don't think i've ever stopped reading a book purely because i didn't understand it
>>
>>9100960
Don't sweat about it.
Give it time or don't. Go read what you fancy and if you like it, come back. IJ is really good, but it really isn't for everyone.
>>
>>9100960

I too did this with Infinite Jest since it felt very dense and overwhelming information wise and I just didn't know if I could take in all of that straight away. Still loved the histories of the different net companies setting up and the presidential elections, those were awesome.
>>
>>9100960

I finished IJ a week ago. Wish I could read it foe the first time again.
>>
>>9101096

But this was my third time trying to read it. Years ago it wouldn't mean as much as it did.
>>
>>9101080
Yeah i loved the lore that he built into the story. I've even personally experienced a lot of what is discussed in the novel, i just felt after a point that it was focused on examining yourself and your own personality while my own interests shifted to relations between people and the bigger picture of society.
>>
Anyone who gives up on a book probably has the attention span of a child.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.