[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraft's supposed genius IQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (24KB, 285x352px) Image search: [Google]
H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg
24KB, 285x352px
>Lovecraft was a precocious youth: he was reciting poetry at age two, reading at age three, and writing at age six or seven. His earliest enthusiasm was for the Arabian Nights, which he read by the age of five
>www.hplovecraft.com/life/biograph.aspx

The author of the above article elsewhere mentions that Lovecraft was assisted in reading the Arabian Nights by his grandfather. Not on his own effort.

Based on the above information, and weighed against the data of other child prodigies, Lovecraft's IQ was between 150-180.

But if Lovecraft was such a prodigy, why was he unable to teach himself college level mathematics, even into his adult age? Despite desperately wanting to. And despite having access to a local college level library, in his youth.

He probably had an IQ no higher than the 130s. Another mediocre "gentleman".
>>
>>9098410
130 is still pretty high especially for the 20's
>>
>the IQ meme

Even most serious STEMtards don't believe this, and it benefits them the most.
>>
>>9098410
>he was reciting poetry at age two, reading at age three
is this special?
>>
>Precocious.

*Tips*
>>
>>9098430
130s in our era's metrics. Lovecraft was priveleged and had reasonable education, so he doesn't get any special skewing relative to the rest of the impoverished world of his time.

>>9098486
It's barely above average.
>>
H.P "get the niggers OUT I said OUT of the god damned city and put them on a fucking BOAT and send them far FAR away from me" Lovecraft
>>
>>9098431
IQ predicts almost everything we associate with intelligence
>>
>>9098430
>>9098664
how do bell curves work
>>
>>9098410
>reciting poetry before he could read
Sure he was
>>
>>9098891
He was taught by at least his grandfather.
>>
>>9098410
>But if Lovecraft was such a prodigy, why was he unable to teach himself college level mathematics

Everyone is genetically predisposed with certain potential abilities and inclinations (from each according to his ability, to each according to his need), this is why racism is true and good, and why he was a racist, because he was ashamed of his inferiority so he projected and attempted to play shepherd dog for the pats on the back by the braingets above him
>>
Lovecraft liked to prop his butt up in the air and see how much he could pee in his own asshole. Truly gifted.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.