[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have trouble reading for a period of time? I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Ubik(1stEd).jpg (40KB, 350x568px) Image search: [Google]
Ubik(1stEd).jpg
40KB, 350x568px
Anyone else have trouble reading for a period of time?
I feel like I have 'readers block'; like writers block, but I'll find that I either struggle to read more than 1 or 2 pages at a time, or I will reread the same paragraph several times before giving up. This started in 2015 and persisted until now. I'm trying to get back into reading with Ubik at the moment, about halfway through which makes me happy.
>>
>>9097804
I think the analogy to writer's block is a good one, yes, I've had this experience. I think you have to power through and settle for suboptimal comprehension, until you're back in the swing of absorbing what you read.
>>
I read a few pages and then shitpost on /lit/ for at least 20 minutes.
>>
>>9097804

>starting back with Vonnegut

you are doing it wrong
>>
>>9097804
funnily enough I pick up a random philip k dick book to get out of that whenever it happens to me
>>
>>9098278
>Ubik
>Vonnegut

Nigger it fucking says Philip K. Dick in the OP image are you retarded
>>
>>9098285

for that post, yes. yes i was.
>>
>>9097804
1. Audio-books
2. Comics.
3. Short prose.
4. Poetry.
5. Get a gf, you faget.
6. Last resort: write something.
>>
File: David Markson_ Reader's Block.jpg (43KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
David Markson_ Reader's Block.jpg
43KB, 825x1200px
>>9097804
Read this. No seriously, try it. It's a very good book written in an original style and easy to read. It's sort of like a long poem that you can start and drop wherever and whenever. It's subdued and subtle and gentle and it has a lot to give you.
>>
>>9097804
Sometimes I do, depending on my mood and time of day. I try to read between 10am and 2pm because afterwards my attention for reading really dwindles. I also try to read 20 pages as a minimum so if I fancy reading more later, I can take a break and go for another 20 pages afterwards.

Today I've only really managed 7 pages of Dracula though. So far I love it but I know I have other things I need to keep on top of too.
>>
>>9097804
How often do you masturbate, OP ? Masturbating is like reading. It's a great think that brings pleasure and self fulfillment, but sometimes when you're working too much you can't find time for it or proper focusing. It's like listening to good music, too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.