[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOODREADS SUPPORTS REREADS NOW THIS SITE JUST GOT A LOT MORE HARDCORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

GOODREADS SUPPORTS REREADS NOW

THIS SITE JUST GOT A LOT MORE HARDCORE
>>
File: 07046.jpg (94KB, 367x550px) Image search: [Google]
07046.jpg
94KB, 367x550px
>Hey everyone look at what I am reading. See how cultured and intelligent I am. This is totally not self-aggrandizing in any way.
>>
>>9096313
Yes, Robinson Crusoe, truly the grail of the cultured and intelligent.
>>
>>9096319
Yes.
>>
>>9096313

i use it for the recommendation algorithm. its how i found most of my stuff before i came here.
>>
>>9096313
>implying i'm not terrified someone will see my lists
i just like having my books counted for me
>>
I consider goodreads to be counter-productive. I don't want to conflate literature with stats, goals, ratings, and other stupid. I also don't want to remember books just for the sake of it. If I've forgotten a book, it wasn't good enough to be remembered.
>>
ITT post Goodreads accounts!

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/27498265-tyler
>>
>>9096420
no bully pls. Send me a friend request
>>
"I just love it so much I HAD to reread it! I have such a love for books that I could consume them over and over, I can't help myself!"
>>
>>9096385
>f I've forgotten a book, it wasn't good enough to be remembered.
that's not how memory works, helen
>>
>>9096180
Can you rank differently for each read? Say you like a book, give 5/5, then find flaws the second time round - can you change to 4/5 while keeping the record of what you thought before?
>>
>>9096485
I don't think that's possible. You can only relegate that kind of knowledge to the "private notes" section, it seems.
>>
https://www.goodreads.com/gmjf3d
>>
Hey retards, Goodreads is what you make of it. Some use it for the recommendations, some for the Facebook shit, some to keep track of what their friends are reading.

I use it to log what I have read and keep a list of what I want to read. Think of it as a Netflix queue. I use Goodreads instead of something like excel because I'm not autistic and I want to be able to access it from anywhere.
>>
>>9096520
Why does Allie like Harry Potter so much?
>>
>>9096180

It's about time
This isn't even horribly difficult from a database standpoint
What a kludge it's been keeping track of rereads up to this point

Oh but then
>be me
>go back to goodreads to check this out
>It's Romance Week on Goodreads
>horrible 14-word (get it?) Valentines-Day flash fiction from ostensible published authors
>I'm reading [can't be bothered to remember it coming back to this tab], so steamy

I still like the site for keeping track of my reading, which sucks less now, and for finding other titles, which these days is better than /lit/ sadly
>I'm currently reading Fifty Shits Darker
>my recommendation for Valentine's reading: The Necrophiliac
>>
>>9096385
If you've forgotten a book it's because your brain decided it wasn't relevant to your current life situation. Good doesn't factor in it too strongly. You'll find out about these things when you're old enough.
>>
>>9096433
This desu
>>
>>9096542
>The Necrophiliac
kek
>>
>>9096552
There needs to be a thread were we come up with racy Kindle romance novel titles.
>>
It's a transparent appeal to the more vain elements of goodreads (showing people that your star rating is more credible because *you've* read the book 5 times, and also a little digital badge representing your alleged passion for certain books), but there are definitely worse things about the site than this.
>>
>>9096566
Does it get shown next to reviews? I haven't seen it appear yet.
>>
>>9096544
>If you've forgotten a book it's because your brain decided it wasn't relevant to your current life situation
I'm 27 now and I remember some pointless moments from when I was 6. How 'relevant' are these to my current life situation, again?
Our brain is trained to remember unique situtations foremost, if something truly impresses you, you won't ever forget it even if it was entirely meaningless.
>>
>>9096538
>>9096542
If you create a shelf with like 10 latin american novels from the 70s, or 15 19th century british novels that you like, the recommendation engine really shines
>>
>>9096542

lel don't know how I cut up my greentext like that

Is anyone here on LibraryThing? is the community, etc better there? The limit on books entered has been a barrier for me to trying it out
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.