[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember the first time I heard someone reference the "Red

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 9

File: prometheus.jpg (104KB, 900x894px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.jpg
104KB, 900x894px
I remember the first time I heard someone reference the "Red Pill". I was embarrassed for them.

To willfully admit that your ideology is as shallow as a late 90s blockbuster seemed as though it had to be a joke, but no. The cultural illiterates have taken over and this was simply the lowest common denominator. Something with which all the lost souls dealing with their inadequacies in an uncaring world could identify.

I cherish the days before I knew such depths of human idiocy existed, the days when I associated intelligent thoughtful figures like Eliot, Yeats or Goethe with conservatism only to now have them replaced with Yiannopoulos, Spencer and Jones, true intellectual midgets.

I yearn for the time when debates were Buckley vs Chomsky and not Sanders vs Cruz.

I do not understand this parallel timeline and I want it to end, in nuclear twilight if it must.
>>
File: 5eb[1].jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb[1].jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>9095462
>>9095462
>The cultural illiterates have taken over and this was simply the lowest common denominator. Something with which all the lost souls dealing with their inadequacies in an uncaring world could identify.

>I cherish the days before I knew such depths of human idiocy existed, the days when I associated intelligent thoughtful figures like Eliot, Yeats or Goethe with conservatism only to now have them replaced with Yiannopoulos, Spencer and Jones, true intellectual midgets.
>>
>>9095495
If you think Yiannopoulos, Spencer and Jones are intelligent reasoned people, you need to reevaluate your life choices.
>>
File: CfWmhqAUkAAiKTL.jpg (35KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CfWmhqAUkAAiKTL.jpg
35KB, 600x338px
>>9095462
Your taste in art is alt-right.
>>
>>9095512
Not an argument
>>
>>9095516
No, my taste in art is modernist. A readaptation of classical and neo-classical themes to more accurately reflect modern life and its problems.

Prometheus is the modern man, punished for bringing truth and light to man.

Only when you have no real cultural context do you become blind enough to throw around symbols in the way the alt-right does.
>>
>>9095462
>pop-culture and populist sophists are influencing the masses more than 19th century cultural elitists that wrote for aristocrats

No shit, asshole.
>>
>>9095538
As if greentext fedoraposting is something that needs to be refuted by argument. If you want an argument, maybe you should make one to begin with.
>>
>>9095549
Conservatism is the ideology of aristocrats. This populist bent is heretical.
>>
>>9095512
jesus christ you're dense af. i just watched some videos of milo of 6-10 minutes on youtube and i agree on his considerations about islam and today's democrtatic party. i don't think he's a fucking philosopher
>>
>>9095555
quads confirm

/pol/ get fucked
>>
>>9095556
> i don't think he's a fucking philosopher
Good. He isn't. Yet you've let him, and a bunch of other idiots take this ideology and spin it down a rabbit's hole of conspiracy theories and nonsense.

You've lost all sight of reality. It's extremely disappointing.
>>
Today only the radical left offers intellectually engaging discourse, since they've been banished to the university.
>>
>>9095604
>radical
>intellectually engaging
>>
>>9095592
Calm down Evola, the average joe doesn't give a fuck what fucking Goethe might have said 300 years ago. They want contemporary populists who "say it like it is" in a simple way they understand. This isn't even a new phenomenon but one that started with suffrage. If you want a higher level of public dialogue, fine, but don't expect people to start reading Plato's Republic before the next election.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>9095462
we run these streets now nigga
>>
>>9095616
>the average joe
Conservatism is the ideology of aristocrats.

If you want to form an ideology based on mob anger and populism, that's your prerogative but that isn't conservatism.
>>
>>9095627
You don't run anything. You post frogs on the internet.

Trump is a distraction that will allow the republican congress to do anything it wants while everyone looks at the monkey throwing its feces.
>>
>>9095538
Cringe
>>
>>9095629
>Conservatism is the ideology of aristocrats.

Not in America.
>>
>>9095646
Then it's not conservatism. It's populism.

You fundamentally do not understand conservatism if you think it can become a populist position and eschew elites.
>>
>>9095462
Nigger can you actually put forward what you dislike about the alt right? You're entire post is just muh rhetoric, you haven't said a single goddamn thing. Cut down on the fucking purple prose
>>
>>9095652
Nigger stop making unsubstantiated assertions followed by 'lol if you believe this I can't even.'

Do you not see the irony of starting a thread that bitches about low quality discourse, and following up with this sorry excuse for debate?
>>
File: neckbeard-fedora[1].png (377KB, 594x422px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-fedora[1].png
377KB, 594x422px
>>9095629
>>9095652
>Yes, I'm an aristocrat
>>
>>9095666
Maybe you should read the thread before posting.
>>
>>9095556
>he's not a philosopher
Exactly. He's not a scholar and therefore he shouldn't be taken seriously when discussing something as sensitive and wide ranging as politics.
For example, some time ago I watched a video by Sargon of akkad comparing the "deadly sins" of Islam and Christianity. I then shared it with a friend of mine who is now going for PhD in Islamic studies. he later told me that it was the cringiest Islam related video he had ever seen on YouTube . It was utterly fallacious and based at extremely superficial observations.
Sargon, molyneaux, Kraut and Tea and PJU are second rate philosophers. The bottom of the intellectual barrel. You want to understand the world around you? Read a book. You want to get indoctrinated? Watch an Armored Skeptic video. End of discussion.
>>
>>9095652
American Conservatism has and will always be "populist" because their entire history is built on giving the finger to the monarchy and the aristocracy you dense fucking cunt.
>>
>>9095684
>PJU
shit I meant PJW, Paul Joseph Watson
>>
>>9095677
Let me summarize the thread for you, faggot
>Le redpill is dumb
>le redpill is dumb and it's followers are fucking betas
>I'm sad dumb people exist, why aren't modern talking heads as smart as some of the greatest thinkers in history?
>Let me reiterate that I don't like this era, while also showing my elegant patrician prose, by writing 'yearn'
>Armageddon is preferable to this

This is a fucking blog post, all I know is he hates the alt-right. Give me some fucking reasons other than ad-hominem and name dropping historical figures
>>
>American Conservatism has and will always be "populist" because their entire history is built on giving the finger to the monarchy

You truly know nothing about american history. The articles of confederation failed and it was replaced by the current constitution which was written by a man that once said this about the British monarchy
>I believe the British government forms the best model the world ever produced, and such has been its progress in the minds of the many, that this truth gradually gains ground. This government has for its object public strength and individual security.
He also said this
>All communities divide themselves into the few and the many. The first are the rich and well born, the other the mass of the people. The voice of the people has been said to be the voice of God; and however generally this maxim has been quoted and believed, it is not true in fact. The people are turbulent and changing; they seldom judge or determine right. Give therefore to the first class a distinct, permanent share in the government. They will check the unsteadiness of the second, and as they cannot receive any advantage by a change, they therefore will ever maintain good government. Can a democratic assembly, who annually revolve in the mass of the people, be supposed steadily to pursue the public good?

Both of these were said at the consitutional convention in 1787.
>>
>>9095629
traditional conservatism yes, but certainly not modern conservatism
>>
>>9095726
Modern conservatism is a joke with no intellectual backing.

Demagogues abound.
>>
>>9095725
As long as the Constitution of the United States includes "We the People" it doesn't matter what else this indecisive faggot said.

Just admit that you're a pathetic Evola-tier reactionary.
>>
>>9095741
>As long as the Constitution of the United States includes "We the People" it doesn't matter
Of course not, why would it matter? As long as there's some empty phrase vague enough to support an innumerable amount of interpretations why should we care about the way the person who designed our government thought about the people?
>>
>>9095616
This, unfortunately. I do get where OP is coming from in that so many "average Joes" have grown smug and self-righteous because they managed to comprehend the watered down, blunt message of said contemporary populists. The modern right, in terms of higher level or inner workings, really does quite little for the "red-pilled Average Joe", if anything. That watered down, short burst mentality they've become programmed with sets them up to find more value in short term gains, despite the long term losses or lack of perpetuity for the gains. These are the masses who will gladly accept a slightly lower monthly payment towards an owed debt regardless of the exponential interest hike. The aristocrat benefits immensely from the long term effect, and all he must do is tell the peasant that he will see immediate benefits in the present, even if only slight.
>>
>>9095495
this is why these "intellectuals" arguments are so weak. you can destroy them by greentexting them and putting a fedora
>>
>>9095695
OP is kinda of a faggot but he's right. This whole surge in "right wing" sentiment is capturing people's minds and hearts. The bad thing is, this new populism driven culture can have some seriously dangerous consequence as it makes it okay (and even logical) to blame the evil other for your problems and as it provides a political environment that allows authoritarian strongmen to take over in the name of principles like patriotism or isolationism (Trump for example displays all the traits of a typical banana republic dictator).
Just think about it: if the EU was to collapse (as it will), Europe will come closer to sliding back into the deadly calculations of balance of power politics. I'm not saying that the EU is the great, but I'm yet to see a YouTube philosopher who points out this harsh reality to his viewers.
These YouTube clowns are not helping. Yes, people will always listen to pop star like figures over serious intellectuals, but in our current political and social climate, this toxic "nationalist" rhetoric could have some dangerous effects on future generations.
>>
>>9095462
>as a late 90s blockbuster
The matrix is not the best film ever made. But it may be one of the most important movies ever made.

also
>ew, you used an analogy that contained the word dirt in it, dirt is dirty and gross... whatever you were trying to say with your analogy must be wrong, dirty and gross.
>>
>>9095684
Wow the guy studying Islamic studies disagrees with a youtuber on Islam? Color me surprised.
>>
>>9095684
>he shouldn't be taken seriously when discussing something as sensitive and wide ranging as politics
I suppose the same would then be said of you and all non-scholars?
>>
>>9095566
and double dubs proves
>>
>>9096363
>But it may be one of the most important movies ever made.
I can't fucking believe anyone thinks this is true.

How is The Matrix "important" in any way other than on the making of big dumb blockbuster movies?
>>
>>9095684
I bet if that if t. Mister Islamic Studies even had a girlfriend he would let immigrants "culturally enrich" her.
>>
The "pills" are for dumb fucks that can't realize they are memes.
>>
If depth of an ideology signified quality communism wouldn't be so shitty.
>>
>>9096408
>cucks
I mean we all know that you have to be a special kind of insecure retard to seriously use fear of being "cucked" as a reason for not wanting immigrants.
>>
>>9095462
Not seeing all the mentally-damaged people wasn't that great. I was always nervous but I didn't realize that ignorant people are dangerous and incompetent so it was reasonable to be worried about them. Better were the years without cellphones when I didn't always have to hear their mindless babbling. I didn't have to face being in a world mostly populated by stupid people.
>>
>>9095555
>Conservatism is the ideology of aristocrats. This populist bent is heretical.
The Progression of History is the progression towards all humans becoming aristocrats
>>
>>9096528
Classless society when?
>>
>>9095652
Does conservatism depend on capitalism? On wealth?
>>
>>9095666
>the alt right?
the another petty meaningless divide and conquer fluffy distraction?
>>
>>9095688
>American Conservatism has and will always be "populist" because their entire history is built on giving the finger to the monarchy and the aristocracy you dense fucking cunt.
But then aprox. 300 years later a new "aristocratic"/wealthy/powerful polyarchy arose

>implying the founders and their ilk werent aristocrats
>>
>>9096401
>I can't fucking believe anyone thinks this is true.
>How is The Matrix "important" in any way other than on the making of big dumb blockbuster movies?
t. Dittint Getit
>>
>>9096567
>>the alt right?
>the another petty meaningless divide and conquer fluffy distraction?
(its not entirely petty and meaningless... it is just (maybe not thaaaat) far from appropriately self-conscious and directed)
>>
>>9096618
Didn't get what? The surface level Descartes references? The ham fisted Christ allusions?

This isn't some profound work of film form. It's a action movie with a mildly inventive narrative hook. It's not terrible as far as blockbuster movies go but there's nothing to get.
>>
Fuck you, The Matrix is a great movie.
>>
>>9096730
so is die hard but you don't see the alt left talking about the benefits of a classical education
>>
>>9096709
>Didn't get what?
dude... we are slaves to the machine... mannn, dont you want to be freed and get your zion?

Well theres also theory that the 'zion' in the film, was also a part of the computer program matrix, and the whole film takes place in the matrix, that the machines didnt understand why some humans werent satisfied with their perfect modern world, so they made this more primitive realm for the more adventurish savage in man, who wants to rebel against perfect society, to play out his fantasy, I thought that was pretty cool, dont know how legit or intended it was though
>>
>>9095462
t. Blue pilled retard
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (18KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
18KB, 248x189px
>>9096750
>>
>>9096754
You're joking right?

Who gives a shit about this artificially constructed nonsense. Next you're going to tell me Inception is a real "brain buster".
>>
>hey usa what u doin?
>gonna dry this swamp
>with more swamp?
>yeah watch me u cuck
>>
>>9096750
actually laughed out loud.
>>
>>9096750
fucking lmfao tho
>>
>>9096578
>300 years later

The Virginia Aristocracy didnt even skip a breath before they took power after the treaty of paris
>>
>>9096750
I don't get it.
>>
>>9096813
Honestly, if we could crack the technique for high-fidelity dream recall and dream-sharing, the practical applications of cooperative lucid dreaming are nigh endless for both fine arts and STEM fields.
>>
>>9095538
molyneux pls go
>>
>>9095758
Intentional fallacy
>>
>>9096813
>Who gives a shit about this artificially constructed nonsense.
Oh... you only read the classics. Youre favorite film is Pride and Prejudice
>>
>>9097020
As I was walking to St. Ives, I met a faggot who forgot about all the riddles from Die Hard
>>
>>9097120
and Zombies*

ftfy
>>
>>9096939
>The Virginia Aristocracy didnt even skip a breath before they took power after the treaty of paris
im not smart enough on this topic to know if you are sarcastically making fun of me. Can you further explain?
>>
>>9097020
I'll explain it the best I can. I think it's actually kind of brilliant.

-Die Hard is another action movie
-"benefits of a classical education" is a line the Alan Rickman character says.
-liberals actually seem to value the classical education very highly and view it as a source of enlightenment
-The "red pill" is seen as enlightenment by /pol/ but is simply a monniker

I don't know. It's just good wordplay and think it works on a couple levels.
>>
>>9097078
In a sense, the arts are dream sharing, but yeah, I know what you mean
>>
>>9095592
Please show some living conservative philosophers who aren't batshit crazy American fundamentalists or only known to 10 people.
>>
>>9097126
Thanks, I don't really remember the first movie.
>>
>>9097120
My favorite film is Sans Soleil by Chris Marker.
>>
>>9096813
>Inception
Doesnt come any where close to the professionally found profundity of Le Matrixe
>>
>>9095629
Too bad aristocracy is dead lmao, fucking LARPers
>>
>>9097125
Washington, Jefferson, the Lees etc etc. All were super elites. Pic related, its Jefferson's house.
>>
>>9097133
>Please show some living conservative philosophers
Please define conservative
>>
>>9097138
>My favorite film is Sans Soleil by Chris Marker.
Cool, unironically thanks. Jokes on you though, I was just pretending to be retarded. I dont think the Matrix is as worthless as you present, but I was certainly facetiously being tongue in checkish with 'most important movie'
>>
>>9095684
*green*You want to understand the world? Go out there and live to fullest.*green*
>>
>>9095462
> as shallow as a late 90s blockbuster
As movies go, The Matrix is pretty /lit/.

>I yearn for the time when debates were Buckley vs Chomsky and not Sanders vs Cruz.
When was this time that dumb politicians didn't debate?
>>
>>9096401
It profoundly influenced the culture by mainstreaming easily digestible pseudo-philosophy and bringing a lot of Eastern tropes into Western art. Also represented a significant entry into the sci-fi canon and made grimdark cinematography more palatable. Without The Matrix, we wouldn't have gotten film adaptations of Sin City, Watchmen, and many other edgy comics.
The Matrix is important for the same reason Duchamp's "Fountain" is important - it was a relatively original idea which opened the floodgates for a lot of similar art to get made. Even if you don't agree with the aesthetic choices, both works are incredibly influential.
>>
>>9095462
If only you'd used the word "alas", I would've been able to muster a hatred for you that would endure for at least an hour. Instead, I'll forget your existence as soon as I navigate away from this page, just as I'd forget a flushed turd, or a criminal negro who'd been shot dead by police.
>>
>>9095799
this
>>
>>9097158
Well I was hoping that was the case.

>>9098027
OP here, I appreciate your attempt to throw purple prose back at me.

>>9098007
Important isn't really the right word for what you describe. Influential probably fits better.

Harry Potter for instance isn't important but it will probably influence generations of terrible authors.
>>
>>9096455
There is literally nothing wrong with socialist economics, it makes precisely zero difference that every state-capitalist government called itself such, just as it doesn't make a country democratic when it's ruled by corporate elites.
Social ownership of the means of production is the future, whether by violent revolutions or not.
>>
>>9095462
I was with you right up until the "nuclear twilight" emo bit, buddy.
>>
>>9097242
>As movies go, The Matrix is pretty /lit/
No it isn't. Bresson's films are lit. Fellini's films are lit. Dreyer's films are lit. The Matrix is not lit.
>>
>>9095629
"Conservatism" isnt an ideology.
>>
>>9095799
If the EU actually decided to protect Europeans from immigration and didnt have a retarded single currency, then maybe it would survive.

But the idiots at the top of it were arrigant and out of touch, so it's their own fuckinf fault. I guarantee you Brexit would've lost if Merkel hadn't invited half the third world into Europe in 2015
>>
>>9095538
It literally is though, the argument is implied and obvious.
>>
>>9099485
>Europeans from immigration and didnt have a retarded single currency
The single currency is great. It gives a deflated value for countries like Germany and France and an inflated one for small countries. If the single currency ended almost all economies in the EU would suffer tremendously.
>>
>>9099506
>le economies are doing great guys¡
> 50% youth unemployment

Yeah sure m8
>>
unironically calling yourself red pilled is about as bad as unironically calling yourself woke
>>
>>9095462
>Eliot
Are you referring to Eliot Hulse or Eliot Rodger?
>>
>>9099485
>if the EU actually decided to protect Europeans from immigration maybe it could survive
No, even if all the third world trash miraculously disappeared Europe would still be doomed. The muslims are a symptom of the downfall, not its cause. The real and only cause is the death of culture.
>>
I understand where you coming from OP, but at the same time this sort of sentiment is cliché.
I guess the internet makes stuff different this time.
>>
>>9095462
Whoa there Ignatius
>>
File: 1458194650190.jpg (225KB, 700x609px) Image search: [Google]
1458194650190.jpg
225KB, 700x609px
>>9095462
This is probably the single most euphoric post I've seen on /lit/. I can easily see non-meme conservatism becoming the new atheism and you the new fedora, leather jacket and sonic the hedgehog t-shirt guy.
>>
>>9095462
Add Harris and Dawkins
>>
>>9095684
>Exactly. He's not a scholar and therefore he shouldn't be taken seriously when discussing something as sensitive and wide ranging as politics.

typical liberal. what's wrong with Milo? you probably love "intellectuals" like Chomsky who just blame the US for everything.

it's not hard to do what most of these liberal writers do at all, yet you wanna discredit all right wing ones
>>
>>9099485
>>9099690
>t.don't know shit about the EU
Very brief TL;DR of the EU: Germany benefits the most of the EU by virtue of being the most powerful economic force in Europe. Other states don't like that too much and the EU holds itself together only as long as France and Germany work together to keep that way. Refugees are the straw that broke the camel's back, the EU was already in a precarious position before they came in. The EU wasn't made to last. You can keep telling yourself that it's all because of degeneracy and moral or ethnic decadence, but at the end of the day, economic considerations outweigh everything else and these considerations were apparent from the very first day the EU was created.
>>
Well done everyone on biting the bait and making OP think he's a lone genius. Allowing pol speak and pol users to invade here is killing any interesting discussion of literature on this board. And if anyone thinks I'm some lefty I'm not I support Trump I just think politics should be left to its respective board
>>
>>9095462
>Buckley vs Chomsky
Both deserve some prime real estate in a gasenwagen.
>>
>>9096528
mein gott
>>
>>9095545
Nnnnnnope.
>>
>>9096528
Aristocracy is a relative position.

If all men are "Aristocrats" then nobody is.

You are full of hot air.
>>
>>9095462
>"Those music halls sure do prove that culture has collapsed, eh, Percy?"
>"Popular radio programs?! Bing Crosby murdered real music!"
>"Television is a vast wasteland."
Complaints about the death of culture seem to come from people that lack culture.
>>
>>9100349
>you probably like intellectuals like Chomsky who blame the US for everything
Of course I don't, do you think I'm stupid? Everyone knows that desert Jihadis can easily reverse engineer american technology and make their own ATGMs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sXnae0r8AQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
>>
>>9100376
he supports Trump hahaha
>>
>>9100376
>I support trump

I don't like to generalize but there's something seriously wrong with your reasoning ability if you "support" trump outright. I can kind of understand reluctantly voting for him over Clinton but actually supporting him is beyond retarded.
>>
>>9096559
Yes, it's all about keeping the wealth in place.
>>
>>9099419
>There is literally nothing wrong with socialist economics,

How does socialist economics creep in when a nations industry is already successfully ran by private companies?
>>
>>9099472
>"Conservatism" isnt an ideology.
What is an ideology?
What is Conservatism?
>>
They call it the red pill, but on closer inspection it appears to be a blue pill with red food coloring. And a swastika branding as used in Germany during the 30s and first half of the 40s.
>>
>>9100823
I thought it was a no brainer to be honest. He has negative qualities but Clinton would have caused nuclear war. Unless you have other reasoning for not liking Trump other the typical points that get shuffled around
>>9100758
>hahaha he has an opinion
Woah really showed me how I was wrong thanks anon
>>
>>9100364
>economic considerations outweigh everything else and these considerations were apparent from the very first day the EU was created.
How can the United States of America benefit by being United, but the United States of Europe, not?
>>
>>9100877
>Clinton would have caused nuclear war
How? Against what country?
>>
>>9100376
>Germany benefits the most of the EU by virtue of being the most powerful economic force in Europe. Other states don't like that too much and the EU holds itself together only as long as France and Germany work together to keep that way. Refugees are the straw that broke the camel's back, the EU was already in a precarious position before they came in. The EU wasn't made to last. You can keep telling yourself that it's all because of degeneracy and moral or ethnic decadence, but at the end of the day, economic considerations outweigh everything else and these considerations were apparent from the very first day the EU was created.
There can be 1 thread where politics is disgusted, you loon... go police and complain about every troll and bait thread that are posted daily... this is one thread, you dont like it, dont read, feg. There is interesting discussion here. A bS See your way out
>>
>>9100891
Russia because she wanted a no fly over Syria which would have lead to nuclear war. Whatever you opinion of Trump the world dodged a bullet with his election that most were unaware of
>>
>>9100453
>If all men are "Aristocrats" then nobody is.
>You are full of hot air.
You may be right about one of those.

"Aristocracy (Greek ἀριστοkρατία aristokratía, from ἄριστος aristos "excellent," and kράτος kratos "power") is a form of government that places power in the hands of a small, privileged ruling class.[1] The term derives from the Greek aristokratia, meaning "rule of the best""

In democracy, everyone is an aristocrat, because we all have equal power :^)

And yeah, I didnt think Aristocrat was strictly referring to a political position, I thought it was just a loose catch all term for 'tasteful intellectual', *the hot air slowly seeps*
>>
>>9100903
Clinton who served 40 years as a diplomat would have caused wwIII.
whatever makes you think you made the right choice, senpai
>>
>>9100851
So what should all the non wealthy conservatives do? Primarily, their main concern should be lowering the middle classes taxes, and raising the riches taxes, that is their primary concern, in hopes of being able to save and invest more, and hoping they get raises in sometime?
>>
>>9100939
Generally, they should wise up.
>>
>>9100877
>Unless you have other reasoning for not liking Trump other the typical points that get shuffled around
Yeah, I do.
-She understands the US's strategic positioning and long term international goals better than Trump
-She's way more stable than Trump
-She has a much better understanding of monetary policy than Trump
-She has a much better understanding of mutual deterrence than Trump
-She has a much better understanding of healthcare policy than Trump
-She has a much better understanding of american history than Trump
-She actually listens to information that advisers and the national security council give her
-She reads intelligence briefings
-She is a much better diplomat than Trump.
-She wouldn't have appointed someone that wants to rape US public education as Sec of Ed
-She wouldn't have appointed someone that stated they wanted to abolish the EPA as head of the EPA
-She wouldn't have put some dumbass firebrand Tea Party neocon that knows nothing of international affairs as head of the CIA
-She doesn't want to build a stupid fucking 20 billion dollar wall
-She had a budget plan that would have redced spending considerably more than Trump's plan
-She doesn't constantly tweet like an absolute asshole about the slightest bullshit

How long do you want this list to be? I could keep going.
>>
>>9100981
>She's way more stable than Trump
Even the WTC was more stable than Hillary on the 9/11 memorial day last year.
>>
>>9100981
this >>9100989 isn't me

Some of those things are true but I don't think she was the right choice. Trump is better overall in my opinion. Neither of us will change our minds tho
>>
>>9101004
Out of curiosity, what news sources do you read?
>>
>>9100965
>Generally, they should wise up.
Well... there is the whole 'social conservatism' thing. But what could non wealthy conservatives get out of voting non conservative? You think they would have been better off voting not Trump?
>>
>>9100981
>20 billion dollar wall
20,000,000,000 divided by 150,000,000 = 133.33

The rich can fork over more, though really it should be the poor paying for it, as They are stealing their jerbs, and tax dollars.
>>
>>9101018
>what news sources do you read?
Facebook and infowars mainly
>>
>>9101039
I hope this isn't the guy I'm talking to or if it is that you're joking because that's awful even for the alt-right.
>>
>>9101018
>>9101081
This >>9101039 isn't me

I dont read news generally I don't trust either side. I generally try to see if there is unedited video footage of specific events. A youtube channel I trust would probably be Styx but there would be the odd time I disagree with him. I recommend his content if you want an honest (albeit biased) person. I don't know in general everyone has bias but I don't follow any news source really
>>
>>9101081
Sorry. Not enough salon and jezebel for you?
>>
>>9101102
Interesting, I hate to say it but that sounds like a remarkably bad way to get news.

I think in general, finding the uncut interviews or video footage of some things is definitely a good Idea but you can't rely on that alone.

Personally I read a number of sources.
New York Times
Washington Post
Foreign Affairs
The Wall Street Journal
The Hill
The Economist

Look, you're never going to completely escape bias but the above news sources are consistently responsible and provide complex and reliable information and context. If they mention a source, it usually isn't that hard to find the raw information which generally will come from a government agency or the AP or something.

You can't hide from information out of fear of being duped, it isn't that hard to figure out what's going on if you keep a consistent knowledge base and maintain healthy curiosity. It's also important ot have the general knowledge yourself that will allow you to take that raw information and place it within a context.
>>
>>9101156
Yeah you're right but surely you can understand where I'm coming from so much bs is spread around nowadays and I'm not talking "fake news" I mean people purposely misinterpreting people's stances and misrepresenting their positions. I'd rather be partially uninformed than misinformed
>>
>>9101175
>I mean people purposely misinterpreting people's stances and misrepresenting their positions.
I think the best way to understand any individual's positions are to listen to uncut interviews with them.

Some amount of what is shown is gotcha journalism where a soundbite is taken and run with but I don't know, for me it's not that hard to get a handle on who someone is from just watching them in an interview.

Is there a particular example you are thinking of?
>>
>>9101189
No I mean in general and both sides do it. As I said originally I try to watch unedited shit.
I hate
>gotcha journalism
As you so aptly put it.
I like Trump in the respect he cuts through politics kind of labyrinthine bureaucracy but I see a more troubling trend with his rise. He's an entertaining man regardless of whether you nodding in vigorous agreement or disapproval. He has made politics entertainment in a new way where people who were otherwise unconcerned with the political forces which governed their lives are now entertained by him. I don't know if anyone else sees it but I don't like it worries me. The political shouldn't be for the purposes of entertainment
>>
>>9101224
There's an episode of the show Black Mirror about this

"The Waldo Moment". Maybe you should give that a try?

All I'll say to end this is that I don't think the sources I listed do much gotcha journalism. Like i said, they're relatively responsible and certainly more responsible than CNN or any of the other 24 hour news networks.
>>
>>9101224
Eh public political discourse in america had been a farce for a
Almost a century now and it had been going downhill ever since. Trump is just the most recent manifestation of the intellectual decline of the average american voter.
>>
>>9095462
you worded it like an edgelord but you made a good point about the red pill
>>
>>9101251
I've heard of and seen part of that episode and I should watch it. I'll read more. Thanks man you're a level headed person and I really did appreciate this back and forth
>>9101265
True the downward spiral keeps going
>>
>>9101325
>Thanks man you're a level headed person and I really did appreciate this back and forth
Yeah, I'm glad we could have it. The fact that there are so few of these types of conversations anymore is what I see as the main problem with public discourse.
>>
>>9101110
>Not enough salon and jezebel for you?
>jezebel

"According to the Hebrew Bible, Jezebel incited her husband King Ahab to abandon the worship of Yahweh and encourage worship of the deities Baal and Asherah instead. Jezebel persecuted the prophets of Yahweh, and fabricated evidence of blasphemy against an innocent landowner who refused to sell his property to King Ahab, causing the landowner to be put to death. For these transgressions against the God and people of Israel, Jezebel met a gruesome death – thrown out of a window by members of her own court retinue, and the flesh of her corpse eaten by stray dogs.

Jezebel became associated with false prophets. In some interpretations, her dressing in finery and putting on makeup[3] led to the association of the use of cosmetics with "painted women" or prostitutes."

Why would they name themselves that?

S T R O N K
T
R
O
N
K
>>
>>9101441
Hahahaha fuck, that's what I get for not reading the Bible cover-to-cover yet.

They literally ARE Jezebel. Names have power.
>>
>>9095684
>read a book
I'm reading Dangerous by Milo Yiannopoulos ;^)
>>
>>9095637
Cuck. MAGA
>>
>>9095684
>Appeal to authority
Go learn something in /pol/, you weeabo scum fag.
>>
>>9095462
>>>/pol/
>>
>>9095799
>blame the evil other for your problems
That's because (((they))) are in fact responsible for most of the problems in the world today you dumb fucking libshit
>>
>>9095736
>the left has no demagogues
Bussing in illegals to vote for you because you promise gibsmedats and blaming white people for everything is the exact definition of a demagogue.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>>9096490
>everyone around me is so dumb, I was born in le wrong generatiob
>>
>>9097126
>marxist propaganda force fed to you by jewish professors
>(((classical education)))
>>
>>9095545
this
>>
The Red Pill is a pathetic and weak worldview, held by inferior whites who are the losers in capital's selection for intelligence. It's SJWism for butthurt white men with no girlfriend, who ought to be culled, not given a state-enforced girlfriend.
>>
>>9100938
Nigga what the fuck you talking about? She was a fucking lawyer, and a shitty one at that. Not a diplomat for 40 years. Chrsit.
>>
>>9101599
>Shareblue shill
>>
>>9099419
The only reason intellectuals want socialism so much is because they know they will be hired to staff all those planning commissions.

It's purely self-interest, not inherent superiority of socialism or communism, that draws the intelligentsia towards it.
>>
>>9101156
All of that is Soros-funded left-wing garbage. You're a brainless shill and you don't even know it.
>>
>>9101606
>Shareblue
lel

>I'm too stupid and ugly and autistic to get a high paying job or attract a girlfriend! I'm a Nazi now, the Jews were behind this!
Only actual Social Darwinism can fix this shit.
>>
>>9101613
>Soros-funded
>People are still throwing around this boogeyman.
The Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert Murdoch.
>>
>>9101591
>>9101552
Anyone that uses those parentheses unironically is walking caricature.
>>
>>9101599
Fucking this
>>
>>9101925
>>9101937
Not an argument.
>>
>>9100938
Who voted for the Iraq war, promoted the bombing of Belgrade and was a key instigator in fucking up Libya
>>
>>9102259
I could give two fucks about parentheses guy, but Murdoch couldn't be ideologically further from Soros, so that post actually was a good rebuttal. Murdoch is a long time proponent of not only monitoring the digital footprints of private citizens and mining data, but proactively pursuing legal action against anyone who rubs the filters the wrong way. Hell, he got into a sticky situation involving breaking into a missing girl's voicemail.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.