[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like Leo Strauss try to appeal to old books in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: C1cYok5XEAAkomU.jpg (125KB, 1024x1024px)
C1cYok5XEAAkomU.jpg
125KB, 1024x1024px
Why do people like Leo Strauss try to appeal to old books in order to justify their super secret evil schemes? The axioms are just as arbitrary whether Plato said it or whether it was spelt in your corn flakes. Is this just a marketing move?
>>
What evil scheme?
>>
>>9095331

Perpetual war to keep the dumb masses morally upright and the smart should rule, or something like that.

It doesn't matter what the scheme is. I'm asking why people try to use the Greeks to justify it rather than "Because that's what I want". Is it purely marketing? I think so
>>
I dunno, I just started his book on natural law. I believe he studies thinkers of natural law, greeks being the first and mandatory reading on the subject
>>
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of Leo Strauss
>>
>>9095719
Not him but care to explain ?
>>
>>9095481
>It doesn't matter what the scheme is. I'm asking why people try to use the Greeks to justify it rather than "Because that's what I want". Is it purely marketing? I think so

Read Foucault. He addresses this explicitly.
>>
>>9095481
>It doesn't matter what the scheme is. I'm asking why people try to use the Greeks to justify it rather than "Because that's what I want". Is it purely marketing? I think so

Wot? Who uses the Greeks, to justify what?

Are you implying the evil schemers should come out on national TV and address the nation: Here are the secret evil things you are unaware we are doing?

Do you think Leo Strauss was evil? What schemes was he apart of?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.