[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So guys, I had an a dream like five minutes ago that detailed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0400.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So guys, I had an a dream like five minutes ago that detailed an incredible universe for a story to be in, but I need help developing an actual plot for it.
The rules for the Universe revolve around Fate, Time Travel, and Outcomes. Fate, by the time it reaches the final outcome, has to equal a certain value. Say the Outcome is whether a child is executed or found innocent, every moment leading up to the trial and the final gavel swing has to add up to a Fate value of 30 or something.
So, in the very first run, say one of the Events that leads to the Outcome is a friend getting shot. You can't simply move your friend out of the way of the bullet, because then the Fate Value at the end wouldn't equal 30, meaning an event equivalent in trauma to getting shot will occur to that character within an hour of the original event.
So, in order to prevent your buddy from getting shot, you have to force someone else to get shot. And it can't just be anyone, it has to be someone who, if they were to be shot, would have an equal impact on the end outcome.
If a replacement event does not equal the original events value, a mitigated event will occur to the original victim (instead of getting shot in the heart they only get shot in the liver)
And of course, every Outcome has a a or b variable, sometimes split among the same event. By the time of the Outcome, the final decision is made based on which outcome has more value, the severity of which is modified based on the ratio.
Are there any changes or specifications that should be made to those rules? And does anyone have any ideas for a plot, including how the time travel is triggered and why the main character can use it?
Much appreciated. (Pic not related)
>>
>>9093998
interesting because I had a dream last night that I went to a play with a girl that I like from work but that I myself was also dressed like a girl with a cute bodycon dress and that we were wearing matching sets up underwear.

Then when I woke up I had a wet spot on my sheets.
>>
>>9093998
This is really interesting. Quantifying something like fate is not something I've heard before. If I understood your concept, it means that for an action to manifest into reality, it has to pass a certain threshold of "fate units" which is determined by the agent and environment. So it is possible to "control fate" if you control these "units". I guess this will be a great setting for a 50s noir-style adventure (dieselpunk?)
>>
I like the idea of noir, it could work up to maybe, exposing a crime ring? But I still have no clue how to make the time travel happen. I'm trying to avoid main character death just bc that's been done before
>>
>>9094014
same
>>
File: 1481494808519.png (51KB, 420x359px) Image search: [Google]
1481494808519.png
51KB, 420x359px
I have dreams a lot where I go to live some new place and have to get used to the surroundings
Especially the living quarters themselves and the immediate surroundings, not a whole city or different country just different apartments and rooms in different buildings

Also a lot of trains too, weirdly enough, and being at big city train stations

I like it when I walk through cities at night in my dreams, last night it was snowing too but I almost got into a fight while walking to the station

My high school friends and acquaintances show up a lot, it's sort of nice but I dislike it once I wake up and remember
The night before last I went to some sort of youth prison facility, that just happened to look sort of like my pre school, no cells, a big room sort of like a school gym, together with two of my friends (we were high school age or a bit older)

Me and one of my friends got into a fight or had some disagreement and according to the traditions of the prison we both picked a representative to fight in our stead
I picked a new guy that recently arrived and I was on good terms with while my friend chose and established champion among the prisoners

Before the fight could be carried out the fighting by representatives was abolished, as they released us all they reimbursed us for canceling the fights though. We each got paid 50 bucks for every fight we were involved in, I was the only one to get 100
That scene took place in the top level of a parking garage, not the very top, the one below that. In the dream I was sure it was a parking garage in my home town, now that I'm awake it doesn't look the same at all though. I remember being worried that they would pay us the money while we were surrounded by the other criminals
>>
>>9093998
can't quit put my finger on it but something sounds very familiar about this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.