[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravity's Rainbow General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: GR.png (405KB, 780x599px) Image search: [Google]
GR.png
405KB, 780x599px
I just finished GR, which I enjoyed immoderately. However I have some questions (of which I already anticipate many won't/don't have definite answers) about characters, their fate(s), plot points, etc.

What actually was the Khirgiz Light? Some sort of nebulous magical/fatidic oracle in the middle of the plains?

When does the launch of the 00000 actually take place? The theatre that it ostensibly hits is described temporally in the 70s near the end of the book?

Why did Blicero/Weissman put Gottfried in/on the 00000. Was that the point of the digression on the Oven in Beyond the Zero? In his, Katje's, and Gottfried's Hansel and Gretel sexual role playing the rocket was the analog of the oven?

Any Anons have any other insights to share that may have been missed on a first read?
>>
>>9093901
>immoderately
>>
>>9093901
I don't understand what people see good in a book that makes one who allegedly read it ask questions like that.
>>
>>9094125
I would actually read a book based on your premise, but GR just seems like a lit meme.
>>
>>9094125
ever heard of the mystery genre? Here, the mystery is not just confined to the pages
>>
>>9094134

I mean have you read any other pynchon? It's definitely worth a read if you've liked something else he's written.
>>
>>9093901
is this from the simpsons? do you have the full capture? I like to collect this stuff
>>
>>9094175
Don't have the full pic, sorry Anon.

Also can some people please answer my questions, help a pleb out
>>
>>9094175
It's from a zombie simpsons episode but not such a late one, I remember having seen it. I think it's the one where Lisa goes to college and pretends she is not 8 years old
>>
>>9094125
I'm not sure if you're insinuating that if I read it I should know the answers to these questions, but I did read it; it's just there's a lot going on and I want to see if I missed something, or if these specific questions were left open ended.
>>
>>9094240
>>9094175
Little Girl in the Big Ten, to be precise
>>
>>9093901
Been a long time since I read the book, prob need to reread it
dunno what the Kirghiz light was

00000 launch happens around the middle of the books timeline I think

blicero put gottfried in the 00000 just so that he could get off

Btw: gottfried = got fried = god freed
>>
Honestly anon, I don't think GR was supposed to be figured out. Just accept it was a crazy, well written ride and remember it fondly for that
>>
>>9094303
>Btw: gottfried = got fried = god freed
also:

name composed of German Gott 'God' + Friede 'peace',
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.