[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

introducing a new online literary journal for the right.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: caspermag.com.png (2MB, 1632x1212px) Image search: [Google]
caspermag.com.png
2MB, 1632x1212px
As inspired by the post about an upcoming print journal for nationalists, I wanted to let everyone know I just launched an online project for writers and artists on the right––The Casper Review (caspermag.com).

This was the collective effort of a small group of writers alienated by the anti-white and anti-male atmosphere of most literature and arts outlets. We sensed a need for the creation of a literary safe space for rightists, and white males of any political persuasion who would prefer not to contribute content to outlets that agitate for their social marginalization. White males are cool imo, and we're eager to share your work. We are a true meritocracy and will not disadvantage anyone in submissions so to promote "diversity."

We are looking for:

short fiction/”flash fiction”

visual art

poetry

creative non-fiction/personal esssays

arts & culture reviews

audio/video

the unclassifiable / anything compelling.

Contact details can be found in the ABOUT section. (Apparently the CONTACT button only works on certain browsers.)

Looking forward to hearing from some of you. Thanks!
>>
lmao this is the scond thread about alt-right startup publications in 24 hours
how many of you are there? And why do you all keep making the same threads?
>>
>>9092522

I'm not white, I'm Nordic/English.

White is the absence of defining features, and identifying with whiteness is extreme cuck tier.
>>
>>9092561
trying to identify with anything and shitting on anything else just shows your butthurt lol
>>
bump. I love this open idea of right wing publishing in the modern era.
>>
Can I submit my story if it's not necessarily about alt-right memes as long as I am a right wing white person? If not I'll just submit my essay about how Trump is the modern Sisyphus
>>
>>9092561

that's cool! but right now, writers and artists identified as "Nordic/English" are not being systematically disadvantaged in publishing and arts communities––whereas writers and artists identified as "white" definitely are

in 2015, a poet named michael hudson submitted a poem to 40 literary journals under his ostensibly white name, and was rejected by all of them. he then resubmitted his poem under an asian woman's name, and was not only published, but actually had his poem make it into the Best American Poetry 2015 anthology. when the true racial provenance of the poem was revealed, it was cited in a hysterical manner as an example of white privilege, despite objectively being an example of white privilege's perfect inverse

http://jezebel.com/of-course-that-white-man-poet-stole-the-name-yi-fen-cho-1729900950

this episode highlights the insidious anti-white/anti-male bias that exists in publishing––implemented invisibly in the name of "diversity," or explicitly, in the name of radical anti-white/anti-male ideology

it's not just the marginal mags that engage in this stuff––this editorial from Electric Literature (one of the more popular literary journals) ponders whether or not white males should stop writing all together

https://electricliterature.com/should-white-men-stop-writing-the-blunt-instrument-on-publishing-and-privilege-ccfb55717f75#.j98po03xc

beyond that, in recent years literature and arts communities have become supercharged proving grounds for poz, replete with a glut of boilerplate anti-trump screeds, rape hysteria, dumbed-down approximations of postmodern marxism, black lives matter shilling, "trans"-themed fear mongering, and "read fewer white males" campaigns

the biggest US writer's conference––AWP17, happening right now in DC––offers panels such as "The Personal (Essay) Is Political: Nonfiction as an Agent of Social Change," "De Melancholy Evolution of Me: Resurrecting the Staged Black Body," and an entire category of events events called TRUMPWATCH

https://entropymag.org/entropys-guide-to-awp17/

at an AWP a few years ago, this response to "white male publishing" was produced

https://www.buzzfeed.com/isaacfitzgerald/be-honest?utm_term=.auygJeDpk#.pyn8pDa2q

the indies and majors in publishing share the same ideology––we would like to offer a true alternative

>>9093989

yes! i would love to read and hopefully publish your story! we're not taking any political/philosophical essays right now, as the right currently has more than enough outlets focusing on that kind of material. we are taking personal essays/creative non-fiction though; or, if you have a political essay that is too "experimental"/idiosyncratic for, say, social matter or something similar, we'd be happy to consider it.

we hope to run work not just by right-wingers, but by anyone seeking something different

if you visit caspermag.com, you can find all necessary contact/submissions information in the ABOUT section
>>
>>9094996
>s anti-white/anti-male bias that exists in publishing

>checks bestseller lists
>NYT top 10
>Lisa Gardner
>white woman
>Bruce Cameron
>white man
>Fredrik Backman
>white man
>James Patterson
>white man
>William P Young
>white man
>Eloisa James
>white woman
>J S Scott
>white woman
>Jodi Picoult
>white woman
>J P Delaney
>Unknown
>Danielle Steel
>white woman

etc. pp., you know the deal

see for yourself:

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/combined-print-and-e-book-fiction/?action=click&contentCollection=Books&referrer=ht
tps%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.au%2F&region=Body&module=CompleteListLink&version=Fiction&pgtype=Reference

You guys are not disadvantaged because of your skin-color, you're disadvantaged because you're absolutely mediocre
>>
Have you tried talking with the otoya.org dude?
>>9095030
Tbqhwyf this to some extent. Can't forget the school of resentment, as much as we want to.
>>
>>9095030
quality rises to the top, regardless of hurdles :)
>>
>>9095030

when danielle steel and jodi picoult make the bestsellers list, artmaking becomes an doomed pursuit

*swallows blackpill furiously*
>>
>>9094996
Basically the whole NYT bestsellers list is white and male
>>
>>9095083
Woops this has already been brought up
>>
>>9094996

< half of the list is white and male

and the idea that white males are mediocre writers because commercial literature is mediocre and largely white is weird
>>
>>9092522
>we sensed a need for the creation of a literary safe space for rightists
>safe space
No, bb, you needed to sugar coat your shit blog with faux political affiliations as to attract dumb idiots like you who can't see past your schtick. The fact that you think alt-right needs a (((safe space))) or the fact you even acknowledge this concept is indicative that you are probably some under read undergrad tinkering for the first time with political opinion. You obviously have no grasp on the way the alt-right moves and communicates, you just want traffic.
>No one mentioned alt-right
You cannot claim meritocracy if your so called safe-space-white-web-lit-posting thing has a separatist attitude towards non whites. This is basic. Also please explain the good people on here that they will need to send a webcam shot of their face or some form of controlled authentication or else you will have them nasty niggers creeping content onto your platform and will never achieve
>WeimarClassicism.jpeg
>>
>>9094996
Seeing as we're using Jezebel as a source, how do you guys explain this?

http://jezebel.com/homme-de-plume-what-i-learned-sending-my-novel-out-und-1720637627

This chick sent her novel to fifty agents under her own name, received two positive responses. She then sent the same novel out under a white male name (George Leyer), and received seventeen positive responses. Although she admits that the pool of agents did not overlap entirely, there was overlap and the reponses to the same manuscript were at polar opposites depending on whether she used her own name, or a white female name:

>"One [agent] who sent me a form rejection as Catherine not only wanted to read George’s book, but instead of rejecting it asked if he could send it along to a more senior agent."

It seems that if your narrative were true, it would be 'George' who would be struggling to get replies, and 'Catherine' who would succeed thanks to some affirmative action boogeyman.

Anyway, I look forward to reading why my example is invalid for reasons and never replying to this thread again. Good luck with yet another shitty free quarterly.

Addendum: I just looked at your website and have now concluded that this is an elaborate troll. No one serious would use that layout, or so many video backgrounds. 10/10, you got me to reply.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.