[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shakespeare professor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 543253452345.jpg (88KB, 570x342px) Image search: [Google]
543253452345.jpg
88KB, 570x342px
My Shakespeare professor says to read Shakespeare for the rhythm of the words and the "sonic frequencies" he uses...anyone have a teacher lecture them on Shakespeare like this?

She's unconcerned with characters, plot or meaning, she wants us to appreciate him for the beauty of the language alone
>>
Try this:

http://john.curtin.edu.au/fitzgerald/collection/pen20.html
>>
>>9092408
>she

Do I need to redpill you on the truth about women?

See my attached pic for what you could do (i.e. take this and see the truth that liberals are hiding from you).
>>
>>9092414
I have to hear this. Tell me
>>
But that's a valid point and perhaps you'll learn a thing or two about the English language if you stick to what's being taught.
>>
>>9092444
their inferior. Try Schopenhauer's 'On Women'
>>
>>9092408

>She's unconcerned with characters, plot or meaning, she wants us to appreciate him for the beauty of the language alone

HNNNNGGGGGGG.

My dick is diamonds.

Your teacher is clearly patrician OP. Shakespeare's real value is in his complete and utter mastery of language, and the aesthetics he managed to produce with it.

Describe to me how she looks.
>>
>>9092408
she probably means rhythmic patterns as in iambic pentameter if u consider pitch and syllable sound
>>
>>9092462

Ah, a fellow Schopenhauer scholar!

Try his essay "On Suicide".
>>
>>9092475
nice
>>
>>9092466
Very old, very Jewish and very big LGBTQ+ advocator
>>
>>9092496
As redpilled, this is evil for me. Pure, unadulterated evil.

Disgusting
>>
>>9092408
>She's unconcerned with characters, plot or meaning, she wants us to appreciate him for the beauty of the language alone

She is kind of right. The thing that really puts Shakespeare on a league of his own is his language. If your teachers is apt to make you people read his works with a deep, frigid and surgical eye, paying attention to metaphors, similes, assonance and alliteration, the masterful use of metrics, the creation of different styles of poetry and diction for different plays - if she can make this kind of reading an habit for you people she will have done much more than to simply give lessons on Shakespearean questions (plot, character, meaning) that most books already address.

Remeber the magistral quote from Nabokov:

>The verbal poetical texture of Shakespeare is the greatest the world has known, and is immensely superior to the structure of his plays as plays. With Shakespeare it is the metaphor that Is the thing, not the play.

Metaphor is one of the great beauties and artifacts of language, and poets are the class of humans who most make use of them in new forms, in more original and thought-provoking forms. But of all the poets of the world, the supreme king of metaphors (without any comparison) is Shakespeare. This is one of the things few scholars realize, a truism that is incredibly inconsiderate by most researchers and professors.

>>9092408
>and the "sonic frequencies" he uses

This is just some bad way of talking about his rhythms.
>>
there are some good answers in this thread already but id also like to point out that only two of shakespeare's plays are original stories, many of them are based on other things or are histories. the emphasis is then placed on the language
>>
>>9092408
Shakespeare's plots are unoriginal and his characters are dull. He should be approached as a poet, not as a playwright. Your professor is right on, and you are obviously a massive pleb.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.