[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You'll never find the right person.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: as33.jpg (185KB, 1344x1344px) Image search: [Google]
as33.jpg
185KB, 1344x1344px
You'll never find the right person.
>>
>women
>people
>>
I was watching one of Jordan Peterson's videos and he said something I really liked

>if you ever did find the perfect person they would run away from you immediately

Or something to that extent.
>>
>>9092083
stop watching pseudo intellectual videos on youtube
>>
>>9092088
That's literally the only video of his I watched, the pepe one. Irrespective of anything else he might say, that was a pretty wise line, I think.
>>
>>9092055
>Oh nooooooo I have to make compromises to truly love somebody
>>
Gotta girl that sucks my balls. I'm happy.
>>
I can make almost any person the right
It's just a matter of training them well, manipulative as it sounds

>>9092116
This, all I need, I'll teach her the rest
>>
File: CI_Lacan2.jpg (192KB, 821x919px) Image search: [Google]
CI_Lacan2.jpg
192KB, 821x919px
You'll never have a sexual relation.
>>
>>9092096
It wasn't, because not running away is obviously included in the definition of perfection.
>>
>>9092055
... And once you think you found her/him, there won't be mutual love.
>>
>>9092132
The idea is that a perfect person wouldn't want to date the imperfect you. For them to be truly perfect, they could only be with a mate of perfection, thus precluding you, me, and the rest of us. So, it is actually running away that is included in the definition of perfection.
>>
Relying on another person is silly

Focus on creating a good life for yourself instead, and others will join you
>>
>>9092150
Objective vs. subjective. An objectively perfect creature can't exist and no one truly expects this. A subjectively "perfect" one will of course have flaws in the eyes of others. But just as an objective perfection could only match with its equal, likewise two subjective perfections would have to be compatible otherwise neither would be perfect to the other.
>>
>>9092055
I already have.
>>
>>9092234

This is probably true though I've yet to do so myself.
>>
>>9092055

>the right person.
>Implying there is but one

Pessimism in youth is pathology.
>>
>>9092150
You and jordan are fucking retards. No one is referring to that idea of perfect. They are referring to a person being perfectly suited specifically for themselves. How are you this fucking stupid?
>>
>>9092332
Of course, but realistically you aren't going to find someone who, in your subjective view, is flawless either, and you shouldn't overlook a prospective mate because their ears are a bit too big or they don't appreciate Joyce or whatever.

>>9092360
It's just a pithy little aphorism mr autismo, there's really no need to get this upset. See above; you're not going to find someone 'perfectly suited' for you. You should focus on finding someone you like and cultivating something even more worthwhile with them. You call me stupid, but you seem to be the one having difficulty understanding a pretty basic concept.
>>
>>9092234
i want randians to fuck off
>>
>>9092393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoNNG9byXuw
>>
>>9092393
>realistically you aren't going to find someone who, in your subjective view, is flawless either
I agree, which is OP's point. Doesn't make Peterson's idea of perfection in this case any less wrong though.
>>
>>9092415
That's literally Peterson's point as well though.
>>
File: emil-cioran-2.jpg (2MB, 2092x1408px) Image search: [Google]
emil-cioran-2.jpg
2MB, 2092x1408px
>So deeply does self-doubt work in us that, to remedy it, we have invented love, a tacit agreement between two unhappy parties to overestimate each other, to praise each other shamelessly
>>
>>9092424
The basic point is the same but the argument is wrong.
>>
>>9092433
The 'argument' is just a mildly amusing one-liner. No need to take it so literally.
>>
>>9092096
>That's literally the only video of his I watched

You don't have to excuse yourself over that. Go watch more.
>>
>>9092428
>Cioran
>Philosopher
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.