[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solzhenitsyn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Aleksandr-Solzhenitsyn.jpg (1MB, 1704x2136px) Image search: [Google]
Aleksandr-Solzhenitsyn.jpg
1MB, 1704x2136px
Which of his books should I read first? Will any of them help me deconvert my commie friends? How the fuck do I pronounce his name?
>>
>>9091819
>How the fuck do I pronounce his name?

Soul-zen-it-sin
>>
>>9091819
>Which of his books should I read first? Will any of them help me deconvert my commie friends?

The Gulag Archipeligo

fite me commie trolls
>>
>Which of his books should I read first?

Cancer Ward is his best. If you want something shorter just read A Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich but it's pretty underwhelming in my opinion.

>Will any of them help me deconvert my commie friends?

Probably not.
>>
one day in the life of ivan denisovich, and then >>9091838
>>
File: Solzhenitsyn.jpg (7KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
Solzhenitsyn.jpg
7KB, 294x171px
>>9091819
A Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich was my intro to him via my Soviet Civ class.
>>
File: CrCItQ4WgAAlg3R.jpg (56KB, 642x792px) Image search: [Google]
CrCItQ4WgAAlg3R.jpg
56KB, 642x792px
>>9091838
Suppose I'm not good at finishing long books (pls no bully), is the abridged version worth it or would I get more out of the full version?
>>
>>9091848
One Day in the life of Ivan Denisovich is only 178 pages long.
>>
File: 1485472483340.jpg (27KB, 538x522px) Image search: [Google]
1485472483340.jpg
27KB, 538x522px
>>9091856
I was referring to The Gulag Archipeligo, 200 page books are just fine but I may try reading both
>>
>>9091848

The abridged version that Solzhenitsyn himself approved is fine. The abridged version merely glosses over certain chapters that are mainly minutia. All the points of argument are still intact.
>>
>>9091840
This.

You might read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich first simply because it's more accessible, but Cancer Ward is easily his best. Cancer Ward in fact has to be the most underrated novel I've come across. It deserves to be noted in the same breath as what are considered the greatest Russian novels, and yet this is the first time I've seen anyone else mention it in my three years of /lit/izenship.
>>
File: commie-wave-lenin.png (1011KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
commie-wave-lenin.png
1011KB, 1000x1000px
>>9091840
>>9091917
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0374511993
>Paperback
>$14.88
Top kek
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.