[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else regularly look through the book shelves at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ThriftStore01.jpg (512KB, 2124x2062px) Image search: [Google]
ThriftStore01.jpg
512KB, 2124x2062px
Does anybody else regularly look through the book shelves at the thrift shops they come across? What have you found? Any tips, authors to look out for, etc?

Personally, I usually grab the textbooks and technical books that I see. Recently, I've found a book about a local cult from the 80s.
>>
The Goodwill in my city sells hardcovers for $1, paperbacks for 50 cents. I'll go in there once a month or so and walk out with a fat stack for under 10 bucks. There's a pretty decent turnover, so I'll dig through all their shelves once and the next time I'm there, it'll be almost like an entire new selection.

The only problem is there's next to no organization or promise of quality. You can find some greats in there, but you'll have to dig through hundreds of copies of Twilight to get to them.
>>
File: most recent stack.jpg (2MB, 2429x2807px) Image search: [Google]
most recent stack.jpg
2MB, 2429x2807px
Probably 80% of my library is from Thrift Stores. I often find LIKE NEW condition books of classics and rare editions.

I usually just quickly scan their shelves several times over for author names that I am familiar with and book titles I see on /lit/.

I just bought this stack today for under $10 at my local thrift shop
>>
only thing i get at the thrift store are cocktail glasses because you can wash the stink out of them
>>
>>9089446
Library. I appreciate sharing books, though some really dirty people out there touching them (but from all used books, to some degree).
>>
>>9089446
I periodically go to library sales in different areas. Usually ten bucks or so lets you join the "friends of the library" and you can attend the presale where all the good shit gets ganked. Bring a bunch of bags/boxes and maybe 200 in cash and I come away with lots of good stuff for myself
>>
>>9089491
where do you live? The bottom 3 are hard to believe... you just threw those in there to be sly dint you?
>>
>>9090143

Lol, no I seriously got those at my thrift store. It is run by a bunch of old ladies that price every book at either 50 cents or $1.00. The bottom three I got for $1.00 each.

I live in small town USA bro.
>>
>>9089446

I recently found hardback pocket copies of both the complete works of Sophocles and the complete works of Aeschylus for €4 each
>>
I live in a university town with several used bookstores, so the thrift store books are usually really crappy.
So not really. It's extremely unrewarding.
>>
Nothing but textbooks from the 80s and Danielle Steele """novels""", but once I found a VHS tape of Heavy Metal in there with the books and they gave it to me for free.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.