[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to read to learn about Economics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 71UIIF2RteL.jpg (191KB, 1298x2000px) Image search: [Google]
71UIIF2RteL.jpg
191KB, 1298x2000px
pic related?
>>
File: 4569679.jpg (379KB, 1200x1155px) Image search: [Google]
4569679.jpg
379KB, 1200x1155px
>>9089227
Only read that if you want to turn into some Austrian-school wingnut.

Start will Das Kapital.
>>
>>9089240
>that gaudy edition
>no reference to volume
>probably abridged
>probably a 5 page introduction
>>
Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
Branch out from there.
>>
Don't read anything, economics is a joke discipline.
>>
naked economics is a nice place to start
>>
File: econthree.jpg (118KB, 1152x600px) Image search: [Google]
econthree.jpg
118KB, 1152x600px
>>9089227
Here you go anon. Enjoy.
>>
>>9089227
Read Adam Smith-he is completely different than people make him out to be.
>>
>>9089806
So this is what I would recommend.

If I were you, read this.
Then Ricardo's Principles of Political Economy
(You may also read Mill's Principles of Political Economy, but this one will take months and is extremely thorough and meaninglessly verbose and detailed at times)
Next up, read Carl Menger's Principles of Economics
Henry George's Progress and Poverty
(okay ready? here come the variables and equations)
Irving Fisher's Mathematical Investigations
Mises' Theory of Money and Prices (only because he responds to Irving Fisher and you should read only the best of Austrian, none of the worst)
Irving Fisher's Theory of Interest
John Maynard Keynes' General Theory
>>
>>9089822
>If I were you, read this.
huh
>>
>>9089227
Depends on your aptitude. I started with watching Milton Friedman lectures. I watched dozens upon dozens of hours of this man teaching, which gave me a framework for understanding the principles.

Then I bought "The law" by Frederic Bastiat, which is a short, but enlightening read. I then bought Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman, and have been working my way through, but its tough. I also own Economics in one lesson, but haven't dug in yet. absorb everything
>>
>>9089825
I was referencing that other post. He mentioned The Wealth of Nations. Book I, Book IV, and the last chapter of Book V are actually extremely important. And quite frankly, the last chapter of Book V is just downright scary and ominous how it explains the origin of institutionalized debt considering that trend has not ceased.
>>
Reading about economics while not doing data and cost analysis is like talking about the military while haven't not served.
>>
>>9089822
>no marx
>>
>>9090698
[quotation needed]
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.